2 Ideas, both quite huge tasks

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
GunnerWolf

2 Ideas, both quite huge tasks

Post by GunnerWolf »

Something I have yearned for in morrowind ever since I began playing it, something that has not been seen in any of The Elder Scrolls series OR any of the Fallout series; Multiplayer

I'm sure it's been suggested many times, and I understand it would be an enormous undertaking, but it simply MUST be added at some point if at all possible.

Secondly, possibly an even larger one, perhaps add the entirety of Tamriel to the game. No more stranded on Morrowind and Bloodmoon, travel to Skyrim, Hammerfell, you name it. I doubt this would be added until the root of the project is all but completed, if it would be added at all, but if it were to be added, not only would I love you forever, I'd also help in anyway I can; making the new areas using OpenMW:Construction Kit, if it is completed by then.
jvoisin

Re: 2 Ideas, both quite huge tasks

Post by jvoisin »

You can check the tamriel rebuilt project for your second point (which is by the way completely irrelevant regarding OpenMW, because we focus on the engine, not on the data. At all.).
GunnerWolf

Post by GunnerWolf »

Oh yeah, forgot about tamriel rebuilt, well then it's just 1 suggestion. Multiplayer
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

GunnerWolf wrote:Oh yeah, forgot about tamriel rebuilt, well then it's just 1 suggestion. Multiplayer
Just a guess but, not likely.
GunnerWolf

Post by GunnerWolf »

As far as I'm concerned it's quite possibly the biggest feature missing from Morrowind.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

just like single player in world of warcraft? ;-)
GunnerWolf

Post by GunnerWolf »

Well.. no..WoW is designed to be totally online, Parts of the game require it, IE raids ect.

While I suppose you could argue that MW is designed to be totally single player, in my opinion every single player game has the potential for online play, whilst most MMO's do not have the potential for offline play.
NullCascade

Post by NullCascade »

Online play would be pretty horrible. But I'd absolutely love to be able to do co-op. Grab a friend, jump on Skype, do some adventure. I do believe Morrowind could do well with a small party (3-4 players MAX), but it'd make a really cruddy MMO.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

NullCascade wrote:Online play would be pretty horrible. But I'd absolutely love to be able to do co-op. Grab a friend, jump on Skype, do some adventure. I do believe Morrowind could do well with a small party (3-4 players MAX), but it'd make a really cruddy MMO.
I agree, 1-3 extra people and that is all, MMO style would suck.. then again I can't stand MMOs so this is just my opinion.
GunnerWolf

Post by GunnerWolf »

NullCascade wrote:Online play would be pretty horrible. But I'd absolutely love to be able to do co-op. Grab a friend, jump on Skype, do some adventure. I do believe Morrowind could do well with a small party (3-4 players MAX), but it'd make a really cruddy MMO.
That's EXACTLY what I meant when I said Multiplayer, I think Bethesda have messed up big enough with "The Elder Scrolls Online" When I said online I simply meant with friends style co-op, because me and a few friends found a few map additions and such and wanted to play some roleplay, but the only multiplayer mod we could find only sync'd the players movements, so one player could look at another player and see him attacking nothing, when on the players screen he is attacking a mudcrab, this causes problems because it also sync'd health, so if a mudcrab on player 1's machine was attacking the player 2 npc, player 2 would not be able to see the attacker, but would still be taking damage.