Small console observation... #2

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Greendogo

Small console observation... #2

Post by Greendogo »

I have my own small console observation:
When you enter the game, press the console button and the pause button (by default F2 and ESC, respectively) back and forth ten times each (F2 ESC F2 ESC ... F2 ESC). And then, ending on an ESC, press "Return", to be presented with the console screen. Now press F2 TEN TIMES in order to exit out of the console screen.

For some reason, the console screen builds up during this "back-and-forth" operation. I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

You can also bring up the pause menu... while in the options menu. Playing around with F2, ESC and the "Options" button, I've been able to bounce around the menus like this:
F2 -> ESC -> Options -> F2 -> ESC -> Return -> F2 -> OK (option menu) -> F2

In Vanilla Morrowind, if you press ESC, the pause menu comes up. Pressing the console key " ` " will bring up the console window ON TOP of the pause menu (with the pause menu viewable through the translucent window). Pressing ESC during this time will not bring up the pause menu on top of the console window, but will instead dismiss the pause menu viewable behind the console window.

On the other hand, if you open the Console Window first, and then press ESC, the console window disappears and the pause menu comes up, pressing the ESC key again will make the console window reappear. Interestingly a similar bug to the one in OpenMW appears in Vanilla Morrowind when you open the console window, then press ESC, then open the console window again, and then close the console window, and the pause menu; the console window will then be there!

Sorry if this all sounds confusing, but it's easier if you just go into OpenMW and play around with the console and escape keys and see what I mean.

Lastly, in Vanilla Morrowind you can't reopen the pause/escape menu when you're in a submenu of that menu already.
MortimerMcMire

Re: Small console observation... #2

Post by MortimerMcMire »

I've also noticed similar things, so I'll make a slight piggyback and say sometimes selecting things in the console requires double clicking, as opposed to Morrowind vanilla's,
Single click -> "Good to go"
(see what I did there)
cdoublejj

Re: Small console observation... #2

Post by cdoublejj »

MortimerMcMire wrote:I've also noticed similar things, so I'll make a slight piggyback and say sometimes selecting things in the console requires double clicking, as opposed to Morrowind vanilla's,
Single click -> "Good to go"
(see what I did there)
this team/projects attention to detail is honorable, it really is something.