Improving the quick keys

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Lazaroth

Improving the quick keys

Post by Lazaroth »

For me, quick keys in Morrowind has always been somewhat of a hassle. It often takes some time to scroll to the right item and it's not that uncommon that you select the wrong item and have to do it again.

I'm not sure if this should be considered a post 1.0 thing or not, but what if instead for the window that pops up you get your full inventory and spell list.

You already spend time in the inventory selecting items and spells manually, so finding something goes faster, plus you get an overview of what you have.

An alternative is the ability to select quick keys whilst inside the inventory. E.g. by hovering your mouse over an item / spell and just pressing a number. Then maybe getting a number over the item, showing that it is selected as a quick key.
Zini

Re: Improving the quick keys

Post by Zini »

I agree that the quick key UI in MW sucks, but we already have a working implementation and any further improvement would take away manpower from 1.0. Definitely a post-1.0 feature.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

topic moved
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Lazaroth wrote:An alternative is the ability to select quick keys whilst inside the inventory. E.g. by hovering your mouse over an item / spell and just pressing a number. Then maybe getting a number over the item, showing that it is selected as a quick key.
That sounds like the best and most efficient approach for hotkeys. Hover the mouse pointed over an item or spell and press a number. Couldn't be simpler. Good idea, Lazaroth.