Art assets

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

Greendogo

Re: Art assets

Post by Greendogo »

Doing some work on the BSA tonight.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Who is in charge of the files? I will need to pass on the updated files directly as we arnt doing a public release. It shouldnt be longer than this weekend once they are out.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

You can send me a link in a pm. I'll be the one digging through them.
Mykee

Modelling/texturing

Post by Mykee »

Hey

I joined your irc channel earlier today and asked if you guys are in need of any help concerning modelling or texturing for this project, which got me redirected. They told me to ask you here in the Example Suite. :)
They weren't completely sure about what needed to be done, neither did they know if you'd know what you need. But I figured I'd ask, I'd be glad to help. :)

[moved post to the appropriate thread] - Greendogo
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Hey, we would be happy for some help!

We don't have a big list of things we need yet, though we are in need of some mining implements. Do you have any prior work you can show us, like models or texturing work?

What we 'do' need is currently limited to the following list:
A mining pick.
A mining cart.
Raw iron/copper/gemstone veins (separate models for each). - these are the containers
Raw iron/copper/gemstone ingredients.
As we proceed the list will surely grow. Also, Okulo has recently volunteered to make a mining pick.
talias

Post by talias »

Just some suggestions for suitable mods for the things on the list:
Diverse Ore Veins - the mod adds 105 new meshes for diamond, ebony and glass veins, but uses Morrowind's textures, if retextured it could serve as ore veins. The mod has also a fix to improve UV maps. In mod's description author states "You are free to use this resource in any of your mods, as long as I am credited for the work".
Miner's Pick - adds a new mesh for a pickaxe, uses Morrowind's textures. Nothing stated in readme or description about permissions.
If you have permission to use Tamriel Rebuilt resources, they already include raw ore ingredients (although only gold and iron) with meshes and textures.

Another thing, Skyrim: Home of the Nords had nice interior (some images) and exterior( again some images) set for buildings, so you could try to get permission to use them.

EDIT: fixed pickaxe's link
Last edited by talias on 02 Oct 2012, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Thank you for all the links! That's a mighty fine pick.

The use of the Skyrim: Home of the Nords buildings has crossed my mind, and I honestly wouldn't care if we used those or the Necrom houses- however, I haven't asked them yet for permission to use them yet. Hircine, PVDK, what do you guys think of those buildings? They would need working doors and if they used Morrowind textures they would need a retexture.
Mykee

Post by Mykee »

Greendogo wrote:Hey, we would be happy for some help!

We don't have a big list of things we need yet, though we are in need of some mining implements. Do you have any prior work you can show us, like models or texturing work?

What we 'do' need is currently limited to the following list:
A mining pick.
A mining cart.
Raw iron/copper/gemstone veins (separate models for each). - these are the containers
Raw iron/copper/gemstone ingredients.
As we proceed the list will surely grow. Also, Okulo has recently volunteered to make a mining pick.
Yea sure, I'll try and find some old stuff to show you. I don't really have that much on this computer I'm afraid.. But I'll be able to find something for sure, I'll message you. :)
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

Someone suggested I offer my models here, do you need this http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/ima ... 076814.jpg or that http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/ima ... 880424.jpg ?
Propably not very useful for this project but ... yeah.
raevol

Post by raevol »

PeterBitt wrote:Someone suggested I offer my models here, do you need this http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/ima ... 076814.jpg or that http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/ima ... 880424.jpg ?
Propably not very useful for this project but ... yeah.
Wow... nice work!