Art assets

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

hircine

Re: Art assets

Post by hircine »

sirherrbatka wrote:I'm afraid that I wasn't kidding.

We need easter eggs ;-)
For my affinity of the Tikka T3, can you model this and put it in game?
http://magnumsports.com.au/images/T/tactical.gif
(without the muzzle break)
:D :D :D :D

Fun stuffs aside, its clear that you have skills.
Can you animate as well?
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

We got permission to use any art created by the user musk-of-ephesus for the dungeonhack project
http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net/foru ... 174#p13174

We have also gotten permission to use assets from Province Cyrodiil
http://provincecyrodiil.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=778
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

ElderTroll wrote:We got permission to use any art created by the user musk-of-ephesus for the dungeonhack project
http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net/foru ... 174#p13174

We have also gotten permission to use assets from Province Cyrodiil
http://provincecyrodiil.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=778
Although be on the look out for updated Ayleid textures soon. I am remaking a more detailed mask for the blocks. It will very likely be done in the next few days, and then 5 textures get updated.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Thanks for the continued support with textures, Tarius! Currently, the plan is to use those Ayleid models. They do have interiors, right? I haven't seen any pictures.

Ixjackinthebox, thanks for the examples! We'll add your to short list of model makers who have have volunteered. It currently consists of you and Worsas. :D

Just a little heads up: The current plan is to compile a working BSA with all of the assets we have permission to use (this is happening between Hircine and I on the IRC). It's going to be bigger than we need for some time, but we are going to weed out the unused assets over time to get it down to a workable size. I have a few ideas how to keep it small to begin with, and will be discussing this with Hircine, later.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Greendogo wrote:Thanks for the continued support with textures, Tarius! Currently, the plan is to use those Ayleid models. They do have interiors, right? I haven't seen any pictures.

Ixjackinthebox, thanks for the examples! We'll add your to short list of model makers who have have volunteered. It currently consists of you and Worsas. :D

Just a little heads up: The current plan is to compile a working BSA with all of the assets we have permission to use (this is happening between Hircine and I on the IRC). It's going to be bigger than we need for some time, but we are going to weed out the unused assets over time to get it down to a workable size. I have a few ideas how to keep it small to begin with, and will be discussing this with Hircine, later.
Yes, there are both interior and exterior pieces. I have completed about 1/4th of what Oblivion has. There are currently no regular moving doors and only one load door.

Ah yes, I should also mention a couple of the mesh pieces I need to update with proper collision; only the stair pieces.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Alrighty, well keep us abreast of your progress, and I understand if you have other P:C that comes first, so set your own timetable.
ixjackinthebox

Post by ixjackinthebox »

In reply to hircine.

I am not very good at animating at all sorry.

Edit: Well I can do simple things like a door or window opening.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Alright, I believe my new block mask is done. Just some final checking on it and it will be good to replace the current mask. When and update next occurs I dont really know, but I am sure that there isnt any rush here.
ixjackinthebox

Post by ixjackinthebox »

So is there anything you would like me to start modeling?
hircine

Post by hircine »

ixjackinthebox wrote:So is there anything you would like me to start modeling?
There are probably a few things I would want, but unsure of whether they might be in a resource that we could use. But to get you started, perhaps make a Mining Pick. One thing that would apart of the world would be ore/gemstone mining, I'm not sure if weapon packs have these.

Maybe someone else has other ideas. or we might compile a wishlist :P

for me, I'd like some ships. like good solid trading ships. Galleons even!
maybe some small fishing ships too.

a modular Dock!