Importing Daniel74 or hreikin's assets

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

weedfreak

Importing Daniel74 or hreikin's assets

Post by weedfreak »

I had a go with one of the models pointed at yesterday. The Inn was shown in blender as about 30 X 30 metres which seemed reasonable, I changed the blue windows to a sort of dirty yellow which looked a lot better, then exported to osgt.

Adding it to an empty spot inside the ES castle walls went easy enough but in game I could not see it as it was shown really small and floating. Back to cs and added scale 70 to the model, back to ES, no change. I tried all sorts of scales up to 700 with no difference, so it looks like the scale option in cs is not working. I seem to remember someone saying there was a scale option in the blender exporter but it was not obvious to me.
DestinedToDie

Re: Importing Daniel74 or hreikin's assets

Post by DestinedToDie »

Scale in OpenMW-CS works for me. However scaling by 700.000 is hardly pragmatic, as well as possibly over the scale limit. Generally you want the scale of 1.000 to be the right size for most instances. I would approach the scaling problem in Blender, by selecting the object, pressing "S", then "700" and finally "enter".
weedfreak

Post by weedfreak »

I certainly do not want a 700 scale, but as there is a 70 to 1 scale difference between blender units and omw units 70 might be needed at time, although getting it right in blender would be the best option, that was going to be my next step. I got distracted by the measurements in the .blend file being in metres that seemed correct.
weedfreak

Post by weedfreak »

Scaled it by 70 in blender, still slightly to small. Probably needs to be 75 or 80 to get the doors the right height. I was going to post a screenshot but some prudes object to seeing naked elf butts.

The only problems I see is getting the scale right and his models are designed to sit on flat ground so it may take some work leveling the build site or more universal, adding some foundation walls to accommodate uneven ground and hillsides.