OpenMW Example Suite 0.14

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

DestinedToDie

Re: OpenMW Example Suite 0.14

Post by DestinedToDie »

1st and 3rd person. Don´t open with Blender 2.76. You lose all animation and the skinning will probably get fucked up. Use Blender 2.49B only.
Methelina

Post by Methelina »

DestinedToDie wrote: @Methelina doesn´t 3Ds Max have a nif exporter?
Its vry buggy and nifs from 3DsMax not working in games or working wrong... For example nifs from max have wrong root-nodes for materials and parts of meshes with UVs... nif plugs for max has less functionality than Blender.
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

The Nif plugin for Max 2010 is working fine tho, as far as I can tell. IIRC all I have to adjust in the exported Nif are the texture paths.

Methelina's portfolio is mighty impressive! Real professional stuff, wow.
Just be aware that any model made for this project is free for everybody to use and alter in any way they please. They can even make a game with them and sell it. Just saying because I had the problem not being aware of this license.
Methelina

Post by Methelina »

PeterBitt wrote:The Nif plugin for Max 2010 is working fine tho, as far as I can tell. IIRC all I have to adjust in the exported Nif are the texture paths.

Methelina's portfolio is mighty impressive! Real professional stuff, wow.
Just be aware that any model made for this project is free for everybody to use and alter in any way they please. They can even make a game with them and sell it. Just saying because I had the problem not being aware of this license.
Thank a lot mate! I'll do my best!
Yeah i know i was warned about licenses, we have talked about it with Psi and Destined.

And about max-plugin, you mean that the totally animated character can be imported in the engine via max-nif plugin without any external magic? If yes can you share the tutorial or doc about it? I hope it can help me and Miroslav to do our job.
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

I was using Max 2012 to send the scene to MBuilder, aside a few problems that I have encounter the two main was that in game animation was not the same for some reason, the mesh of the character was not doing what it was supposed to. Also fingers was looking like they are broken, or like they have very bad skinning.
Methelina

Post by Methelina »

Spoiler: Show
18+

Almost done the mesh preparations for the Seducer creature for Lurking Tower SE
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

That's awesome! :)
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

She pretty cute :D
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Biboran wrote:She pretty cute :D
Shall I add an option to romance her?

OpenMW Example Suite becomes demon dating simulator 2020.