OpenMW Example Suite 0.14

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

Methelina

Re: OpenMW Example Suite 0.14

Post by Methelina »

Looks like i found the seducer files at my old Box account... i cant proof it cuz i have no 3d soft on this pc lol
https://app.box.com/s/68953f9e9a12d7ee76d7
https://app.box.com/s/15b2856528890467a0e7
https://app.box.com/s/c008945ff298214a30bb
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Methelina wrote:
MiroslavXO wrote:So did you guys figure out how the game is reading new stuff?
When I rig and animate my character the game was unable to play the stuff I did.

If you have new character assets with proper skeleton setup I can rig it, if you don't have a rigger yet.
Nice it will be pretty nice and helpfull. Can u make a skeleton too?
Yes but that's the tricky part, I don't understand how the game is reading skeleton and all of the axis, and how is it suppose to. When I did test couple of months ago, even if everything was looking good in Maya in game was different, floating around and out of place.

I don't know this technical stuff. I mean how to properly do it for a game, skeleton with correct naming, axis, and character models.
So I rage and delete all of the files. :D
I only got this test left, and still it is not working like I intended to, like I animated, it's a bit different.

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44125/?

What I need is a new mesh for male/female characters (if this is what you are planing for OpenMW), and correct skeleton, so I can bind it and paint weights.
lysol

Post by lysol »

You're very talented Methelina, I checked your portfolio. Welcome. :)
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

It may be unpleasant, but my current pipeline is to transfer to Blender 2.49B -> make a skeleton and use keyframes to animate it there -> export to nif format. It works. I plan on using keyframes instead of mocap.
MiroslavXO wrote:What I need is a new mesh for male/female characters (if this is what you are planing for OpenMW), and correct skeleton, so I can bind it and paint weights.
It´s a bit of a work in progress, but we have a male mesh rigged with our own custom skeleton. It may be a hassle to port it to Maya, though.
Methelina

Post by Methelina »

DestinedToDie wrote:It may be unpleasant, but my current pipeline is to transfer to Blender 2.49B -> make a skeleton and use keyframes to animate it there -> export to nif format. It works. I plan on using keyframes instead of mocap.
MiroslavXO wrote:What I need is a new mesh for male/female characters (if this is what you are planing for OpenMW), and correct skeleton, so I can bind it and paint weights.
It´s a bit of a work in progress, but we have a male mesh rigged with our own custom skeleton. It may be a hassle to port it to Maya, though.
unfortunately, maya and blender are not back-compatible. only way is .fbx. And we have no success with it.

Mocap is a keyframe too. The main method is u just retarget animation from mocap skeleton to the Your skeleton and save as keyframes XD just the animation will be realistic and smooth after that.
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

So basically, "preparation" (skeleton and skinning) must be made in Blender?
I can retarget, animate and edit animation in Motionbuilder/Maya, since I have no clue how to use Blender.
But .fbx should work for transferring stuff around, but then maybe "full" transfer works only with Autodesk apps.
Methelina

Post by Methelina »

MiroslavXO wrote:So basically, "preparation" (skeleton and skinning) must be made in Blender?
I can retarget, animate and edit animation in Motionbuilder/Maya, since I have no clue how to use Blender.
But .fbx should work for transferring stuff around, but then maybe "full" transfer works only with Autodesk apps.
Absolutely agreed, my friend! 100 score
We has same trouble in past... my art team was Maya/IKinema/MoBuilder/ipisoft and no peps has experience in blender :( we tryed to hire a guy with blender but he was unable to transfer our things in .nif cuz between Blender with NIF and Maya was not any intermediate lossless file-format to transfer animations. FBX not loaded properly, DAE has a different version and so on. As i know there a method to use a BVH-based solution and per-vertex-animation dump method. Like u save anim from Maya to the vertex animation dump and than u read this shit in blender in a magic-sorcerrery way lol.

U can google "exporting animation maya to blender" to see how wide the problem is :( with the .nif guys without Bledner have a vry little chense to do something with animation for the .nif based engines. For the modern days only Blender can do all of the job as it must, for sad sake :( Only a way i see to make a extension for the omw to read .fxb or ogex data. I think i can make a post about it, hope peps will support my idea. I prefer the OpenGEX solution. We used this in Crossout game while searching a wide-supportable intermediate format to store and read rigged characters and complex scenes from editor to game engine.
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

I will check this OpenGEX.
It's just almost impossible to me to understand that the top app's like Maya can't have a working plugin.
But anyway, is that your male rig free to public?
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

It´s a work in progress and licensed under CC-BY-SA-3.0.

You can download it from here. https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3186

I plan to update these some time. Maybe now in version 0.14.

Btw Blender nif is in pretty bad shape too. Latest working version that can export .nif is Blender 2.49B and it is an old version not fun to work with. If you do your job with Blender 2.70 and then move to 2.49B you lose animations. So you have to do all the animating in 2.49B.

@Methelina doesn´t 3Ds Max have a nif exporter?
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Is this the current rig for 1st person? Did you test it in game? I see I have Blender 2.76

http://imgur.com/trSvZoo