OpenMW Example Suite 0.11

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

AndyRusch

Re: OpenMW Example Suite 0.11

Post by AndyRusch »

for some reason text isn't showing up for me(see attachment) :cry:. I'm running linux and installed the suite following the instructions in the readme.

I'm new to modding morrowind and I couldn't really test this, but here's my shot at it http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=649 ... 3207984947

you can tweak the exact starting position by standing where you want in game and typing

Code: Select all

"player"->GetPos x
"player"->GetPos y
"player"->GetPos z
then change Player->PositionCell x,y,z, (0->360), "island" in CharGen
Attachments
omw_1.png
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

You need to copy the ttf to the right directory along with the xml file included.

This should be in the instructions somewhere.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

The instructions on insallation are in README.md. You missed the MyGUI part where you dump resources into OpenMW MyGUI folder.
damiel

Post by damiel »

Taking a closer look i actually have the same problem and i followed the readme closely.

The readme says one should include content=tesannwyn.esp in ~/.config/openmw/openmw.cfg but the download doesnt contain mentioned file.

May it be possible that the readme is outdated?
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Oh, yes. This appears to be true. Tesannwyn.esp is renamed to island.esp. This should be easy to figure out, but I´ll put more effort into documentation next time.

However the readme clearly tells you about the MyGUI thing.

Windows:

"everything in ./resources/mygui goes into C:/Program Files/OpenMW 0.36.1/resources/mygui"

Linux:

"everything in ./resources/mygui goes into ~/.local/share/openmw/resources/mygui"
damiel

Post by damiel »

Okay, so i have Pelagiad.ttf and openmw_font.xml inside ~/.local/share/openmw/resources/mygui and the fonts are still not showing up.

Were is the mistake? :)

EDIT: Turns out putting the font related files under ~/.local/share/openmw/resources/mygui doesnt work, if you want fonts under linux, you have to put them in /usr/share/openmw/resources/mygui.