Example Suite version 0.17 released!

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Example Suite version 0.17 released!

Post by psi29a »

Great work! :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

Yee nice!!
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

DestinedToDie wrote: 06 May 2017, 14:15 Get it now on github. https://github.com/OpenMW/example-suite/releases
Hi. I've got a few questions and I hope that this is the right thread to ask them in...
First of all: Is there a reason why all the textures are gray? I thought it looked too depressing, so I just colored them. I could probably do (a little bit) better than this. So, my question is whether there is any interest in colored versions of the textures. :)
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I thought about making them more colorful, though it's not a priority for me at the moment. The game is supposed to look depressing... but a little variance could make it look better.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

DestinedToDie wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 15:38 I thought about making them more colorful, though it's not a priority for me at the moment. The game is supposed to look depressing... but a little variance could make it look better.
This is looking awesome. I would not worry about making them more colorful, just make them how you want to make them.

ST
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

silentthief wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 01:07 This is looking awesome. I would not worry about making them more colorful, just make them how you want to make them.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean
"This is looking awesome"→you'd like colored textures
@destined "I would not worry about making them more colorful"→you'd like gray textures
Maybe my problem with understanding your post is that you wrote both things after the quote.
DestinedToDie wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 15:38The game is supposed to look depressing... but a little variance could make it look better.
Personally, I think colors can also give the game a gloomy feel. Dark colors would be amazing: One could make the trees look really dead and spooky by making them very dark. Then again, this is additional work.
Still, I think that providing people with colored assets is also good for the community because that's a good starting point for mods.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

SmartGuar wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 08:49
silentthief wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 01:07 This is looking awesome. I would not worry about making them more colorful, just make them how you want to make them.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean
"This is looking awesome"→you'd like colored textures
I meant in reference to the pics shared, they look awesome. If that is the final product then I must've misread the post. I was saying, they look good, no need to change them from the way that they look in the pics. I did not see what they looked like before (if there was a before), so take what I said with a grain of salt.

ST the not-salty
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

silentthief wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 21:30 I meant in reference to the pics shared, they look awesome. If that is the final product then I must've misread the post. I was saying, they look good, no need to change them from the way that they look in the pics. I did not see what they looked like before (if there was a before), so take what I said with a grain of salt.
Okay, thank you for your feedback. :) I was confused because you replied to DestinedToDie about the colors.
This is what they looked before – These are the original textures (made by DestinedToDie, I think) that I simply colored the easiest way possible:
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Why is the ground black?

Original look - https://c10.patreon.com/3/e30%3D/patreo ... eL_OMuQ%3D

Maybe I have weird taste, but I prefer the original.