Application for Bug Tester

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Jakarooroo

Application for Bug Tester

Post by Jakarooroo »

Hi, my name is Jimsson or you can call me Jim or Jaka, whichever you preferred. I'm currently applying as a bug tester. I played Morrowind when I was a kid and I loved it. It is in my experience that Morrowind was the very first open-ended free-form style of game play, which attracted me to playing Morrowind. This is my first dive in the gaming development, and I'm planning to spend a good chunk of my time acquiring a lot of skills to get experience.

I'm currently pursuing a web technology program in University of Connecticut.I have experience coding in Java and currently developing my c++ skills so that I would have an opportunity to work in the gaming industry. Since I only have limited experience with c++ I opt for helping as a bug tester, but if you guys needed an extra brain engine I'm willing to contribute. I can also help manage/code
(html/css/php/a bit of javascript/actionscript 3.0) websites, maintain wikis, and other non-coding jobs except for reverse engineering job since I have no idea what skill set you need to contribute in that department.
sirherrbatka

Re: Application for Bug Tester

Post by sirherrbatka »

Hi, my name is Jimsson
Welcoem jimsson...
or you can call me Jim or Jaka
Hi Jim! :D

Yes, good expirenced tester is always welcome and here, when we finally get the plugin support into the master the ammount of testing to be done will be almost overwhelming.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Hey Jaka,

We're glad to have you. Here are the ways I can think of being involved in bugtracking.

1) Visit http://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/ ... Cid%3Adesc look at reported bugs and then (if it applies to your computer setup) see if you can replicate it. Then update the bug tracker to say confirmed or could not replicate. There may be situations where replicating/confirming a bug is not necessary, but I'll leave that to the developers to explain.

2) Jump into the game world and start trying to get OpenMW to behave incorrectly. There are only a few situations where OpenMW should behave differently than Morrowind. And such deviations are usually discussed by the developers here in the forum or on the bug tracker. If you find a new bug, report it on the bug tracker.

3) Check the forums semi-frequently as a developer sometimes needs confirmation on a bug asap.
Jakarooroo

Post by Jakarooroo »

sirherrbatka wrote:
Hi, my name is Jimsson
Welcoem jimsson...
or you can call me Jim or Jaka
Hi Jim! :D

Yes, good expirenced tester is always welcome and here, when we finally get the plugin support into the master the ammount of testing to be done will be almost overwhelming.

Hello Sirherrbatka,

I'll try my best to help the coommunity.

-Jimsson
Jakarooroo

Post by Jakarooroo »

ElderTroll wrote:Hey Jaka,

We're glad to have you. Here are the ways I can think of being involved in bugtracking.

1) Visit http://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/ ... Cid%3Adesc look at reported bugs and then (if it applies to your computer setup) see if you can replicate it. Then update the bug tracker to say confirmed or could not replicate. There may be situations where replicating/confirming a bug is not necessary, but I'll leave that to the developers to explain.

2) Jump into the game world and start trying to get OpenMW to behave incorrectly. There are only a few situations where OpenMW should behave differently than Morrowind. And such deviations are usually discussed by the developers here in the forum or on the bug tracker. If you find a new bug, report it on the bug tracker.

3) Check the forums semi-frequently as a developer sometimes needs confirmation on a bug asap.

Thank you for the information ElderTroll, I will try to do my best. I will be checking the forum semi-frequently from here on out.