Introduction

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Epsilon

Introduction

Post by Epsilon »

Hi! I'm Eppy.

I've been playing Morrowind for a long time, and am continually annoyed by (yet understanding of) its little foibles and bugs. I love the concept of the OpenMW project, and it'd be great if I could contribute.

Problem is, I can't code worth a damn. I understand code and its limitations for the most part, but making it? Nope, I fail most of the time.

With that said, I want to contribute somehow. I've actually already been working on reverse engineering formulas (for Acrobatics, specifically,) and hope to have something worthwhile to give to the project relatively soon. I've already figured out a value for acceleration due to gravity (pending review of people involved with the physics engine) as well as a value for terminal velocity. Soon, I hope to provide a formula for acrobatics jumping and fall damage as well.

I'm a pretty decent hand at scripting, and I've used scripts to automatically determine values for the acrobatics stuff. It's already sped up the process (and probably accuracy) ten-fold, since I can just take a maximum after spamming the jump key rather than having to write down the results of each jump by hand.

Hopefully, I can provide a good service to the main project team. :)

-Eppy
ElderTroll

Re: Introduction

Post by ElderTroll »

Glad to have you. I bet our devs are relieved you're here.