Non-coding jobs

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
ElderTroll

Non-coding jobs

Post by ElderTroll »

Bug Tester
You're an one person demolition team; run around the game trying different things to get the game to break or do something unexpected/unintended. Hunt down these oddities and post them on our bug tracker. Also, reproduce and confirm the bugs reported by others. This is incredibly important to making a stable product.

Reverse Engineering Formulas

We've have a few folks working on this, but we could always use some more. We can't properly implement skills and attributes until we understand how they work.

Wiki Maintainer*
Things change quickly here and information soon becomes outdated. We could use a dedicated person(s) to keep wiki information up to date.

Community Manager

People who are just learning about our project ask the same sorts of questions, which takes time away from the developers and others from doing other tasks to benefit OpenMW. We've got a couple great people answering questions on the youtube page, but if you have patience and enjoy educating folks, we would appreciate it.

External Website Maintainer
I could use another person to help maintain, update, and respond to people on the external websites where we have forum threads.

OpenMW Website/Forum Designer
There are a couple features we've talked about adding to the main site, like a button to view older blog entries and updating the media page (screenshots especially).** I think we have someone working on a custom design for the forum. But if you have skills as a web designer we'd love to know we can count on you.

*Taken by ap0

**Taken by Igro
Last edited by ElderTroll on 13 Jul 2012, 04:17, edited 4 times in total.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Non-coding jobs

Post by lgromanowski »

ElderTroll wrote:There are a couple features we've talked about adding to the main site, like a button to see older blog entries
I will do this one in this week :)
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

I'll be happy to be the Wiki Maintainer :)
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Great to hear, apo!
wry

Post by wry »

I recently contributed to the wiki. I've also been going through the pages and editing them as I find errors. I'm in chat frequently if you wish to give me wiki related jobs. I've also discussed with some of the developers about a re-organization of the wiki and would like more information about what we'd potentially want to do in that regard.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

I'm not very involved in the wiki. Igro and ap0 are likely the guys you want to talk to. I guess we could have a new section (if there isn't already one) for the formulas as they get finished.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

wry wrote:I recently contributed to the wiki. I've also been going through the pages and editing them as I find errors. I'm in chat frequently if you wish to give me wiki related jobs. I've also discussed with some of the developers about a re-organization of the wiki and would like more information about what we'd potentially want to do in that regard.
Wry as in the guy who created wrye-mash?
wry

Post by wry »

Tarius wrote:
wry wrote:I recently contributed to the wiki. I've also been going through the pages and editing them as I find errors. I'm in chat frequently if you wish to give me wiki related jobs. I've also discussed with some of the developers about a re-organization of the wiki and would like more information about what we'd potentially want to do in that regard.
Wry as in the guy who created wrye-mash?
I wish.
wry

Post by wry »

ElderTroll wrote:I'm not very involved in the wiki. Igro and ap0 are likely the guys you want to talk to. I guess we could have a new section (if there isn't already one) for the formulas as they get finished.
Kayo.
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

This page needs to be (carefully) updated.
Feel free to do a crashcourse with a new/clean (virtual) machine.