Application

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Lazaroth

Application

Post by Lazaroth »

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd create a proper "about me", since it looks like I'll do some work on the windows task. I first heard about this project over at the DaggerXL forums, little over a year ago. I'm more active there, where I am the maintainer and one of the composers of the recreated Daggerfall music and when modding has been added I'll most likely do some sound design as well.

I am a sound engineer/composer first and foremost. I do however have a big passion for both games and webdesign/webprogramming. I have worked professionally (beside university) with web stuff for 5 years (and as a hobby for 8 more years) and know PHP, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Javascript etc like the back of my hand. I have done minor things in C++ and java as well. Enough to be able to read it, but not enough to be any help to anyone. I am good at most things computer, including Photoshop, movie editing, "fixing problems" etc, so that are things I theoretically could help with as well.

Currently I have some time to spare since I just ended my studies and are looking for work. Morrowind is among my favourite games, so I'll be happy if I can help bringing a crash free port to the people a little faster.
sirherrbatka

Re: Application

Post by sirherrbatka »

Welcome aboard. Hopefully you can help us a little with layouts. A little of tuning won't hurt.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am good at most things computer, including Photoshop, movie editing, "fixing problems" etc, so that are things I theoretically could help with as well.
There isn't all that much to do in these areas. If you don't want to get into coding itself, you could still help with figuring out the missing formulae.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Zini wrote:There isn't all that much to do in these areas. If you don't want to get into coding itself, you could still help with figuring out the missing formulae.
I do have some university math, including statistics. Haven't done much math in recent years tho. But sure, I can give it a shot.

Just point me to where you've collected everything (data points etc) so far, and a summary of what's missing and I'll give it a go.
Zini

Post by Zini »

You might want to team up with Myckel. I am working with him on figuring out the skill gain formulae. He is pretty good at getting data points.

Have a look at the alchemy thread. I guess we can finish up the skill gain task on our own, but the rest of the alchemy formulae still need to be figured out.

After that we need the formulae for athletics and acrobatics skills (jump height, running speed and such). There were several attempts in the past (you can probably find a few threads), but nothing useful came from it.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Ok, I'll take a stab at alchemy, skipping skill gain.
I'll post in the alchemy thread if/when I have something.