Application: StarchyPancakes

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
StarchyPancakes
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/StarchyPancakes?nav_source=navbar

Application: StarchyPancakes

Post by StarchyPancakes »

Hi Everyone,

I'm a senior in CS, graduating in May, and want to get an idea of what c++ game engine programming looks like, and more importantly, what production C++ code in general looks like. I've had internships mostly working with C#, but most of my tech electives have been low level C, parallelism with openMP & posix threads, and high performance computing in general. Morrowind is probably my favorite game of all time, and while it's been a long time since I've played, I easily had 2-3000 hours played by the time oblivion came out... although I don't think I ever actually beat the main campaign on any of my characters (I probably did just about everything else though). I heard about this project and thought it sounded really fun.

I've already had a look at the new dev post, and per its instructions have everything downloaded and just finished successfully testing my builds. If you're still looking for people to help, I'd love to get the go-ahead to join the project!

Thanks for reading!
lysol

Re: Application: StarchyPancakes

Post by lysol »

Welcome! Have a look at the bugtracker and see if you find anything of interest. If not, just ask and someone might point you to something beginner-friendly.

We're always looking for more people to help out. The construction set (OpenMW-CS) is the part that needs most attention, but if that is not your cup of tea, then of course OpenMW also needs work done.