Application: Declan (with new feature fork)

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
declan

Application: Declan (with new feature fork)

Post by declan »

Hey guys,

I've been a big fan of Morrowind since having it on Xbox over a decade ago and have been playing with OpenMW on my MacBook for some time. I have a Ph.D. in Physics where C++ was one of my primary languages for data analysis within a large collaboration. Unfortunately, mostly self-taught (non-computer) scientists are notoriously hacky coders...

Anyway, I have mostly just tweaked OpenMW code for personal use. Recently I made a branch that incorporates the Soulgem Value Rebalance formula from the Morrowind Code Patch as this was the only major economy-breaker that couldn't be resolved with mods. It's a small tweak, for which I've added a checkbox in the Advanced page of the launcher. https://github.com/declan-millar/openmw ... _rebalance

I thought it might be of interest to other people to help balance their playthroughs with OpenMW, but I totally understand if the developers want to avoid bloating the Settings (or my implementation is poor). Still, I'd be happy to make a pull-request if wanted.

Thanks for all your work on OpenMW and keeping Morrowind alive and flourishing.

Cheers,
Declan
damiel

Re: Application: Declan (with new feature fork)

Post by damiel »

I'd say just go with the pull request, its the easiest way for other developers to review your changes and give you feedback. :)
declan

Post by declan »

Sounds like a good idea, I'll just do that. :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Welcome! Find our comments on the PR. Looks like we are going to merge it (with a minor modification). Can you please add an issue to the tracker for this change and assign it to yourself, so we have a record of the change in our changelog?
declan

Post by declan »

Hi! Thanks :). I modified the code to set the default option as true and created an issue, assigned to myself, at Feature #4423.