Artist wants to help the project.

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Andreshimas

Artist wants to help the project.

Post by Andreshimas »

Is there anything that I could help with? I can help with the artistic work of the project.
lysol

Re: Artist wants to help the project.

Post by lysol »

Since we don't ship the engine with any assets, there aren't really that much to do, art wise directly related to the project. However, there is the example suit project of course. Talk to DestinedToDie about that if you're interested.

Otherwise, a good way to help out is actually to make mods for Morrowind that uses features OpenMW can use that vanilla can't, like normal maps.
JohnMaster

Post by JohnMaster »

As lysol stated potentially the Example Suite, check out the developer checklist. Otherwise, a OpenMW mod, e.g. the exclusive OpenMW mods.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

All that said, there are occasional needs for artwork for the website and such (as with the header). I'm not aware of any outstanding requests right now, but if you can find a need, definitely pitch it.
drummyfish

Post by drummyfish »

Yes, I'd also love to see you join the example suite project, you'd be helping to create a completely libre game, which many people would thank you for and which would also get the libre game community to embrace OpenMW - currently the libre people often dismiss OpenMW because the content and the scipts are proprietary. A completely libre content would allow OpenMW to be listed at LibreGameWiki and would get us more devs and publicity.

Also if you'd publish the artwork you create for the project at OpenGameArt under CC0, you'd be my hero :)
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Another thing that a "traditional" artist can do is make concept art. What I mean by that is like with a commercial game you can see bonus features/unlockable content the sketches and drawings that the production team uses to create game content from. The example suite is 3d content creation which we would gladly have you make if you are familiar with making 3d content, but if you are not you can help the 3d artists create content by giving drawings that can be used to build 3d models from.

Just a consideration.

ST
Ferk

Post by Ferk »

silentthief wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 17:14 Another thing that a "traditional" artist can do is make concept art.
Thats's a good point, Morrowind's intermission loading screens are full of nice random concept art.

Also, those with imagination and good english could help with writings. Things like descriptions of flora/fauna, places, tales, legends, some form of codices, poems or whatever fictional text to fill up content for books and so. It would be good for the ES to decide on some basic lore that's open enough for contributors to build upon.

Books can also hold drawings, sketches, maps and so.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Just wanted to let you guys know that OP joined the forum the 15th of May, made one post the same day and have never logged in again since.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

And if the OP returns, they will know that we are very supportive of anything they can provide!
lysol

Post by lysol »

;)