Non developer looking to help

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
mawty

Non developer looking to help

Post by mawty »

Hello there,

I have little to no experience coding but would love to help with everything else that I can. I noticed in a couple other help posts you mentioned that mods need testing, and I'm 1000% down to start working on that. I'm also up for play testing different parts and anything else that needs looking into. I may eventually be able to help with some of the coding as I'm starting school on C+ this semester, but right now I wouldn't be able to do that.

Let me know what I can help with and what you're currently looking for and I'll start doing it ASAP.

I can probably give between 5-10 hours a week reliably.
Atahualpa

Re: Non developer looking to help

Post by Atahualpa »

Hello mawty, and welcome to our forums! :)

You wrote that you're interested in mod testing, so why not give it a try? Prepare a clean installation of OpenMW, download some mods, and start playing. Check out our Mod Testing Guidelines for more information, update our Mod status wiki page with your findings, and ask your questions in our Mod Compatibility subforum.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ravenwing

Re: Non developer looking to help

Post by Ravenwing »

Welcome! Yes, mod testing will always need more help. However, once you start classes, you may want to help out with code documentation as well. This should expose you to a lot of real life code and help you acquaint yourself with the project so that once you know enough you're able to jump in and start contributing to bug squashing. If that ends up being too much though, we're thankful for help of any kind!