Want to help

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Decatheron

Re: Want to help

Post by Decatheron »

Hi ! In this holiday season, I took time to translate the last video of OpenMW 40 Release Commentary.
OpenMW_0-40-0_Script_French.txt
(8.35 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
It took me far more time than I expected ! If I find time, I'll try to do the OpenMW-CS part.

If someone have time to proof read and to add it to the video !
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

Quelques remarques sur la traduction, rien de dramatique cependant.

"la nouvelle version répare les bizarres mises à l'échelle d'effets de particules." => "la nouvelle version répare les mises à l'échelle inappropriées d'effet de particules" :: l'adjectif avant "mise à l'échelle" rends la phrase difficile à comprendre, il faut que ça soit clair que c'est la taille de l'effet qui est bizarre pas quelque chose d'autre

scrawl insisted to have his username written "scrawl" and not "Scrawl" in the newspost in English, I think he would want the same in French. The same applies for lysol

"Tous ces problèmes ont été réglé dans cette nouvelle version."=> "on été réglés", l'auxiliaire ici c'est "ont été" qui est le verbe être.

"Précédemment, OpenMW ignorait les créatures ou NPC hostiles quand il vérifiait la présence d’ennemis à proximité, si le joueur ne les avait pas découvert ou combattus auparavant." => "Précédemment quand il vérifiait la présence d’ennemis à proximité, OpenMW ignorait les créatures ou PNJ hostiles que le joueur n'avait pas découverts ou combattus auparavant." :: NPC est un acronyme anglais qui se traduit par PNJ en français, après je sais pas lequel des termes est le plus compréhensible par les non-rôlistes donc je suis pas catégorique sur cette traduction.

"màj"=> "mise-à-jour", je pense que cette abréviation n'est pas utile, mise-à-jour n'étant pas dur à lire

"une certaine Dunmer qui exploitaient un glitch dans notre engin" => "une certaine Dunmer qui exploitait un glitch dans notre engin"

"pour activer les portes chargeables" =>"pour activer les portes conduisant à un chargement" : j'ai été obligé de regardé la version anglaise pour comprendre "porte chargeable"

"informations en profondeur" => "informations plus en profondeur" : il y a un "more" en anglais et je ne vois aucune raison de ne pas le traduire
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Decatheron wrote:Hi ! In this holiday season, I took time to translate the last video of OpenMW 40 Release Commentary.
That's nice to hear, Decatheron! :)
Decatheron wrote: It took me far more time than I expected ! If I find time, I'll try to do the OpenMW-CS part.
Yes, translation work is tedious -- I hope you manage to make more contributions in the future.

Ehm, if you have the time (don't want to put any pressure on you!), would you please consider using your finished translation on the existing subtitles? What I mean is this: Take your French translation and the English subtitles, replace the English wording with the French one for each time stamp, and upload the result. Finally, I would upload the subtitles on YouTube.
Decatheron

Post by Decatheron »

Merci Cramal pour les corrections d'inattention et d'usage !

So I included Cramal corrections and did the .srt file.
OpenMW_0-40-0_Sub_French.txt
(11.14 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
OpenMW_0-40-0_Script_French.txt
(8.39 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
I also noticed the FAQ didn't have French subtitles available, I might do them also ;)

EDIT: Or I might as well work on 0.41 release commentary already as I see those are almost ready now
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Nice. The scripts for the current release are ready, I'll do the subtitles tomorrow. Working on the old FAQ video isn't necessary at this point because it is going to be replaced soon -- and the new FAQ transcripts aren't final yet.

@Cramal: Any complaints regarding the corrected translation? If not, I'd upload the subtitles on YouTube.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

I just looked quckly and everything seems OK.

Some issues may have slipped through but I don't think it's worth waiting more for when I would ahve more time available (which risk to be in 2 weeks because of the period of the year)
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Okay, I added the subtitles on YouTube. Congratulations, Decatheron!
There was only one minor mistake (a missing blank line) I noticed while watching the video with your subtitles. (Apart from the weird French punctuation habits. -- Why would you put space characters before a punctuation mark?!)
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

In French, you should theorically pout half-spaces before punctuation mark (except for : that get a full space).

Many text editor don't support half space, in this case, it's been decided that the correct practice is to put full spaces.

If you put Word or OpenOffice/libreOffice writer in French it wil do it automatically
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

The part about half spaces is new to me. I teach students at university, some of them being French. Correcting there scientific (German) texts was really cumbersome because the formatting of punctuation marks made it hard to read (in contrast to the purpose of these spaces, I guess). Well, you get used to it...