C++ developer looking to contribute

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
DavidD

C++ developer looking to contribute

Post by DavidD »

Hey there!

I'm a C/C++/Java developer looking for work experience and I figured an open source project would be a nice place to start. I am currently studying for my masters in game and software engineering here in Sweden, so I need as much experience as I can get! In 7 or so months I'll be writing my masters, and after that I would like to work with game engine development, so I think this is a great opportunity to get to work on a large project.

This is my first time contributing to a open source project, though I've worked with large codebases as well as Git before, so I don't expect too many issues.

I got my Ubuntu/CLion environment set up and got the game running easily since you've made it so easy for us to get started, but I can't find any diagrams except for class diagrams. Do you have any sequence diagrams or something else to make it easier to get into the code?

Hopefully I'm not too late and can still do something useful, though it looks like you guys have covered the biggest pieces already :)
Zini

Re: C++ developer looking to contribute

Post by Zini »

Welcome. There is some documentation in the wiki, but it is slightly outdated and no or little diagrams either.
DavidD

Re: C++ developer looking to contribute

Post by DavidD »

Too bad. I noticed just now that I posted this in the wrong section... I opened both and closed the wrong tab... If someone could move this to the correct section I'd be grateful!