Application: kavasc

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
kavasc

Application: kavasc

Post by kavasc »

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if people still read these or if we are even supposed to be putting stuff here, I'm just following the format of other people. I've followed OpenMW on and off over the years and got back into it after booting up Morrowind the other day. Anyways, I wanted to help in anyway I can. I'd like to say I am fairly good at C/C++, I've had about six years of experience in the language, and I've dabbled with some Qt as well (I wouldn't mind working on the Editor if need be). I am at college for Computer Science, and was looking for a project to take up. I love Morrowind and I love programming game related things.

I spent a few hours today going through some of the code and compiling it. I was scouting out some things that looked like they might be potentially "easy to fix" bugs without requiring a whole lot of knowledge on the code base. I know how to resolve Bug #2680 (assuming this is something that actually needs to be fixed?). I figured I should probably post this before doing anything with the code.

Anyways, I'd love to help out with anything (game or editor related). If there is a specific task available, I can get working on it.

Thanks!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Application: kavasc

Post by psi29a »

Thanks for taking the time to post and we'd love to have you on board! :)

If you think you can fix, then send a PR to OpenMW on github and let the review process begin!

It's that simple. 8-)