Blacksmith, don't know if I'd be any use to the team

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
raevol

Re: Blacksmith, don't know if I'd be any use to the team

Post by raevol »

Yep, Southern California, looks like there's some viking blacksmith things near me.

And how cool! Thanks for all the info and stories. :D
Vyrukas

Post by Vyrukas »

No problem, I'm currently fucking around in blender trying to remember how I did anything with it. I'm making some headway and when I can make something presentable I'll probably chip in with with the OpenMW game demo. Maybe make some of the easy miscellaneous objects that they need like the driftwood boards, or that skull.

Also, if making your own equipment seems to daunting, those blacksmith meeting normally have people more than willing to sell you what you need. You might need to ingrain yourself into the group so they trust you, but I'm sure that at least one person there has 10 anvils and forge blowers just laying around.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Just had a crazy idea: do you do any small metalwork, like pendants? If so, perhaps you could help by creating the Imperial Seal or some other symbol from the game series (moon and star? ESO logo?) and put those up for bug and feature bounties.

I certainly would be motivated to fix a tough bug if I could get an Imperial Seal pendant out of it, and I imagine others would feel the same. Maybe even have a contest where we cross-post on TES Reddits and such and the new developer who contributes the most gets a pendant.

Or you could create a real-life Wraithguard, Keening, and Sunder and then give it to...nevermind, if I ever made that I'd never give it away!