Application: lukryst

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
lukryst

Application: lukryst

Post by lukryst »

Hi everyone,

This project looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series, particularly Morrowind (though no previous modding experience), so I was pretty excited to hear about this project. For the past few years I've worked mainly with Python (including Qt using PyQt), Java, and JavaScript, but I have spent at least some time with many other languages. I haven't used C++ at all in the past 5-6 years and I don't have any game development experience, but I've been looking to get into both.

So far I've spent some time building the OpenMW source and getting the game running. I'm currently going through the new developer checklist, re-familiarizing myself with C++, and going through some of the project source code. I'll continue with these and start looking at the bug tracker but please let me know if there is a particular area that would be good for me to focus on.

Thanks!
Rob
Zini

Re: Application: lukryst

Post by Zini »

Welcome. Since you have already experience with Qt, how about the Editor: Column filtering. Its a larger task but not overly difficult, if you know how your way around in Qt.
lukryst

Post by lukryst »

Thank you, I will take a look and see what I can do. It might take a bit while I wrap my head around the project.

On a side note, are pull requests that clean up unused code (i.e. commented out code) welcome or are those types of changes better saved for when one is already working in that area of the code base?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Depends on the kind of cleanup. We generally don't like changes to things like code formatting unless the respective lines have to be changed anyway. However if there is dead code (either a code block that is never executed or a section of code that is commented out) pull requests are welcome.