Application: v3n

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
v3n

Application: v3n

Post by v3n »

Hi all,

My name is Jonathan Howard. Found the project awhile ago, been wanting to contribute and having just graduated with my BS.CompS., I now actually have some time!

Some background about me, I'm a game developer (credited in Killing Floor 2) with a fairly versatile background. I've been working in C++ for 4+ years now, using it as my primary language. My academic background is in graphics and engine programming. Professionally, I've been a bit of a jack-of-all trades, picking up the slack wherever is needed. I've got some depth in the OS X stack, having used it as my primary platform for awhile as well as worked on the League on Mac (iLoL) project.

Excited to start working with y'all!
-- v3n
Zini

Re: Application: v3n

Post by Zini »

Welcome. Please go through the new developer checklist linked in the pinned thread.

Since you have a background in graphics, maybe you could help out with some of the OpenMW-CS rendering tasks listed here?
v3n

Post by v3n »

Thanks Zini, I'll take a look at them.

Is there updated build information for OS X? I've managed to hack the brew recipes to build correctly, but unfortunately I'm still getting some weird CMake errors.
Zini

Post by Zini »

If there isn't anything on the wiki, then I don't know. Not a Mac user. You could try to PM corristo (he is our go to guy for Mac).
v3n

Post by v3n »

Thanks, I'll give him a shout, then pop over to the other thread and see what needs to be done about the camera stuff.

-- v3n
Zini

Post by Zini »

Oh, the camera. I was thinking about the rendering tasks (because they are smaller and easier to get started with). But if you want to do the camera, I am fine with that. It is the more important task anyway.

I will be away and without internet for most of next week, so we should sort out any open questions no later than Monday, maybe first half of Tuesday.

Here is a short sum up:
* We have three camera modes (selectable by the first button from the top).
* The tooltips accurately describe the functionality with one exceptions. The tooltips mention hardcoded mouse buttons, but you should use the buttons specified in the user settings instead (p-navi, s-navi).
* All mouse movement input should be handled through the same code pathway (in WorldspaceWidget). The current solution of handling camera movement input in a different place from the editing movement input will only cause problems.
* When switching between camera modes the old camera position and orientation should be maintained, if they are valid within the new camera mode.