I can help modders make audio mods

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Chanui

I can help modders make audio mods

Post by Chanui »

Hi there
I'm a senior sound engineer who has loved morrowind for a long time and is over the moon with what this team is doing. I'm unable to code or make textures very well but I understand that this team has a lot of serious modders following them, and to encourage modders to get into this community id like to extend my hand.
I have years of audio expertise, many viable voice actors, musicians (classical), composers, composition software and best of all a wide array of expensive recording equipment at my disposal.
If you're making audio mods for openmw that need sound content then please contact me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
And before somebody pokes me in the eye the reason why I'm not posting to other forums is because I desperately want this project to progress, more so than other games.
Cheers
Chanui
DestinedToDie

Re: I can help modders make audio mods

Post by DestinedToDie »

Nice. Check out the Example Suite. viewforum.php?f=25

It's a little inactive right now, but only because OpenCS is not yet functional enough to make a game. It's basically a demo of the OpenMW engine, a very small minigame. They're going to need sounds eventually.

I'm also going to need sounds. I want to make a game of my own on the OpenMW engine, but that's going to take some time. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3159
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: I can help modders make audio mods

Post by psi29a »

That's awesome! Welcome!

Yes we have two projects:
1) OpenMW-Template which gives developers/modders a base to create their own games that will work with OpenMW.

2) OpenMW-Example-Suite which showcases OpenMW in every available way.

In this case, we would love to have music and sound-effects. Anything that can be played back by ffmpeg and openal-soft is available to us, so no limits there. :)