Release Games in OpenMW that aren't Morrowind

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Azlidor

Release Games in OpenMW that aren't Morrowind

Post by Azlidor »

I know there has been talk of launching a game made from scratch using OpenMW/OpenCS as the engine. I am quite familiar with scripting, story writing, orchestral composition, and a novice with graphic design. I would like to see if there was any interest in beginning to put together a team that would begin working on a new game using the aforementioned engines once they have been completed. Obviously there is plenty of time before they are complete and ready to be used, but with game design that time can be much utilized for concept art, story creation, features, etc.

All of this said, I know that with many things in the modding/indie game community, it's much easier to gain a following or support after you've already come up with something. I 100% agree. You don't have to explain the merits of proving that I'm willing to dedicate the time and effort as much as anybody else would who would wish to collaborate. Regardless, I'm mostly curious if anybody else has considered this, or if there's been any kind of ideas, teams, etc put together already for this purpose.

I suppose to make a long story short, I'd like to offer what I can to creating a new game from scratch utilizing OpenMW/OpenCS(:

Cheers,
Azlidor
Greendogo

Re: Release Games in OpenMW that aren't Morrowind

Post by Greendogo »

Were you wanting to make a game or work on the Example Suite (not a game).
Azlidor

Post by Azlidor »

I didn't know the example suite wouldn't include a game. I would be down for either honestly.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Greendogo wrote:Were you wanting to make a game or work on the Example Suite (not a game).
The Example Suite can be considered a small game... I mean, why not? A few basic quests for example, to demonstrate the system.
maqifrnswa

Post by maqifrnswa »

Checkout viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2691&hilit=ashes+of ... pse#p30075, they are pretty far along but could use some content help
Azlidor

Post by Azlidor »

Thanks for the tip! I'll totally check that out!