Video Recorder

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Okulo

Re: Video Recorder

Post by Okulo »

Ace (SWE) wrote:We can't all live and breathe OpenMW, most people have other things that their bodies need to do too.
Tsch. Mortals.
Ascent

Post by Ascent »

Okulo wrote:
Ace (SWE) wrote:We can't all live and breathe OpenMW, most people have other things that their bodies need to do too.
Tsch. N'wahs!
Fixed that for ya :D
nnayo

Post by nnayo »

That's sure!
but what I mean is: the huge enthousiam for the return of WeirdSexy can be very annoying for any one wanting to invest time for video making.
Darkelfguy

Post by Darkelfguy »

WeirdSexy wrote:GREETINGS FRIENDS OLD AND NEW!

I think I can probably ease slowly back into video making now. However, you all likely would have to pester me! I am out of the habit of doing these now :D

Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with recent development, especially regarding OpenCS. It will take me a while to get up to speed. Especially regarding OpenCS.
Darkelfguy wrote:Plus narrating is rather a time-consuming process, if I can off it on to someone else I will. I'll send WeirdSexy the finished video and, if he wants to, he can add the voice-over and upload it to the channel.
Darkelfguy, nice to meet you!

When I was working with scrawl, he sent me a script to narrate which I recorded and sent back to him and he edited the video with it up-front. It seems that you are proposing I attempt to fit some narration on top of an already edited video. I foresee that being potentially frustrating.

We can try it that way and see how it works. We run the risk of me providing an awkward narration, though. Would hate for that to happen after you put in hard work recording and editing video.

What might be better is for us to agree on a script ahead of time and let me send you a voice-over recording before you start editing. If this process would become too much of a burden for you to remain interested, we can either try the above approach or I can try to produce the whole video from start to finish. But then you wouldn't get to have any fun! And I guarantee it will take longer than the end of the week for me to get it done.

I'm just throwing ideas out, so I'm open to suggestions.

Does anyone think it might make sense to do a single video for 0.34 and 0.35?
You're quite right, that would make a lot more sense. My apologies, I'm kind of used to doing videos on my own so I typically write and narrate the script after the video is done. But obviously in this case it would be a lot easier to have the audio recording done first. Of course, if you're coming back and doing a joint video for 0.34/0.35/0.35.1 then you don't really need me. Unless I'm doing the OpenCS videos now? To be honest I'm a little confused about who all is doing what at the moment...
nnayo wrote:Am I the only one to notice that there is no activity from Darkelfguy since the very beginning of this thread?
Is WeirdSexy comeback made him shy?
Well, my last post was on March 13th. I do apologize for the delay, but I spend about 35-40 hours a week working on videos for Morrowind Modding Showcases, so I tend to fall behind on replying to things. Like last week I was wrapping up production on Episode 30 of MMS while also working on a mini-episode focusing on Morrowind Rebirth 2.9 (I wanted to get that done before the big Morrowind Rebirth 3.0 release later this week). More recently, I've been working on audio editing of the Scrawl interview and doing a bit of video recording for that. Speaking of, the interview with Scrawl should be online tomorrow (Thursday), pending any possible uploading delays.

Of course, now I'm officially behind schedule on episode 3 of Morrowind Modding Reviews and episode 31 of MMS, plus I was hoping to get a new trailer out for Province: Cyrodiil by Monday of next week, so it may be a while before I reply again. Just don't take that as a sign that I'm not interested or that I've taken offense to anything, I just have a very busy video recording schedule and I'm behind on a lot of things (like sleep and gaming)...
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

@darkelfguy

Wow. :shock: That is a huge amount of work. You're the Studs Terkel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studs_Terkel of the Morrowind community.

I hope you keep up your work, even at a less frenetic pace. We want you to keep making videos for years to come. I clean my place while listening to the modding interviews.

A useful question you might want to ask modders is what aspect of using the construction set is the most inefficient or poorly designed. Design choices OpenMW-CS might use to fix that time sink.
nnayo

Post by nnayo »

@darkelfguy

I'm quite glad to hear from you again.
Seeing all you're doing, I perfectly understand your "latency".
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

@darkelfguy

Sounds like you've got a full plate. Okay, I think the situation is this: if you want to work on OpenMW commentaries or OpenCS videos etc., then discussing collaboration, turn taking, etc. makes sense. Especially in the case of strictly OpenCS videos. If that's something that just really appeals to you, then it might be nice to have one person make videos about the engine and one person make videos about the editor. If you're not that interested in doing these things and were just offering to help because you are a nice person and wanted keep our YouTube channel from being quite so dead, then probably I can just keep being (rather, return to being) the sole video person.

As for the current v0.34 - v0.35.1 commentary, unless you've already started working on it, it probably makes sense at this point for me to do it the whole way through.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Hey Weirdsexy,

Any ETA for the video? We should spam the nets with the latest release, but the videos are like the crown jewel of that.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I am cursed, I swear :(

I come back on here spouting all this gibberish about how I can get started on new videos right away and then right away I unexpectedly have to spend a weekend out of town and things blow up at work. I've got alot going on this week, but I should be able to start later in the week and finish in the weekend if nothing else unexpected comes up.

Sorry for the false start.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

No prob, man. :D Take your time. The 36.0 release might take a while, so no rush. Record the audio when your spirits are high. Don't record after recording and editing videos for 8 hours and never want to hear of another nirnroot. Remember to look at Scrawl's sweet sweet post 1.0 to-do and think of the wonderful skooma we all will partake in as we lazily watch volumetric clouds float by.