Screenshoter, occasionally video recorder

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Shumafuk

Screenshoter, occasionally video recorder

Post by Shumafuk »

Hello, I'm very surprised about OpenMW project and I'm really looking forward it. I'm much more interested in that project than the Skywind for example. Because I feel a soul in OpenMW project.

I would like to help! By taking a pictures that you can put in official screenshot site. Occasionally (because of lack of time) I can make some videos. I mean shot scenes, edit them, add some animated elements (text, editing), no commentary. I'm a student of film (animation), so I think I should have enough skills for that.

I can prove it (hopeful) by showing you my showcase of heavy modified Morrowind (it should be series, in future I would like to capture all regions): Soul of Morrowind - #1 Bitter Coast Region | 1080p
There is my screenshot gallery full of hi-res pictures of modded games (especially Morrowind): flick gallery
Last edited by Shumafuk on 02 Sep 2014, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Okulo

Re: Screenshoter, ocasionally video recorder

Post by Okulo »

Right now I'm not quite sure what that would do for OpenMW since aside from some lighting and water effects there's not much new, graphics-wise, so you'll be finished pretty soon, but perhaps someone else has any ideas.

Maybe you could get in touch with Deonsion or post in this thread. They are making shiny new assets, so perhaps your skills would be of better use in that project?
scrawl

Re: Screenshoter, occasionally video recorder

Post by scrawl »

More screenshots would be great. The Screenshots page hasn't been updated very often recently.
Shumafuk

Post by Shumafuk »

If someone from development leaders tell me what exactly should I capture, that would be great :)

Comparsion screens with different setting, different weather or time of day, UI, resolution, whatever...
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Capture everything! more screenshots = better :D
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

You could prepare screenshots for the next release, showing some of the new features (e.g. Light Magic Effect), here is the changelog:

https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/commit ... 1e8850e14b
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Well, that's me with my foot in my mouth. Those are some good screenies, worth showing off.
Did you plunder Tarhiel before taking that screenshot? Because oh my... :P
Shumafuk wrote:If you like it, put it in screenshot gallery (version 0.32 nightly)
Aren't the nightlies at the moment more like release candidates, or is that handled differently? Because this might be worth showing off as 0.33.0 screenies if it's all the same...
Shumafuk

Post by Shumafuk »

Okulo wrote:Did you plunder Tarhiel before taking that screenshot? Because oh my... :P
It's kind of habit. Taking his dress, blade and scrolls... And then trying randomly jumping around Vvanderfel :D But somehow I always jump off in 90°. Is it bug?
Okulo wrote:Aren't the nightlies at the moment more like release candidates, or is that handled differently? Because this might be worth showing off as 0.33.0 screenies if it's all the same...
Honestly I don't know.