You are awesome, here is a helping hand!

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
TheOnlySeal

You are awesome, here is a helping hand!

Post by TheOnlySeal »

So I heard about this project from r/morrowind. And I want to help you guys out. Because you are awesome. I know I have no particular computing skillz but I still want to help out in any can. Any form of communication, play testing, hell even stuff like forum moderating (even thoughI doubt there is a need for someone doing that here) Basically anything that only takes basic computer skills or stuff that are easy to learn. I am at your disposal :)
silentthief

Re: You are awesome, here is a helping hand!

Post by silentthief »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am not a dev, but if you want to help then a good start is to see if you can install. How you do that is up to you, we have instructions for download and installers for that, or you can be brave and try to compile.

If you get a running copy of openmw, then playing the game is how you can help. Find things that are not working or not working right. I assume that you have played morrowind, so you would probably know what should and should not be. Play vanilla, play with mods, play with addons, just if you find something notworking right, ask about it. It might not be known about, or more likely its somewhere in the bug report.

Anyhow, welcome to the forums

ST
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Oh dude. If you're on Windows and are willing to test, I think the crew here would be very pleased to have you around. There's a huge need for Windows testers since nearly everyone here uses Linux (there are a couple of OSX users here too) and most people just download the alpha, encounter bugs, never report them and decide to just wait until they go away.
andrano

Post by andrano »

That's very good to know, I actually thought there would be more testers on windows. I will also try to give a hand with the windows release then.
zohaa

Post by zohaa »

Thanks! (that was quick)