Application: Hallfaer

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Hallfaer

Application: Hallfaer

Post by Hallfaer »

Hello everyone,

I reported a little on some bugs, and today I made my first pull request, so I thought I'd write a small application.
I'm a BSc Technical Informatics student with an interest in security, and love hacking both software and hardware, though I'm not great at either. I enjoy reading high fantasy books with well designed worlds and stories.
I mostly play versatile magical characters with a focus on destruction, restoration and long blade.
I'd like to see OpenMW reach version 1.0 and go on to add additional features to the game. I enjoyed some of the features that added more versatility to later Elder Scrolls games, but found them far too restrictive and frustrating in other aspects, and Morrowind remains my firm favourite by a very large margin.
I am also interested in the Tamriel Rebuilt project, though I have no current ties to it in any way, except that I played their Telvannis and Antedilluvian Secrets releases.
Since early 2010 I'm an avid GNU/Linux user. Thus I haven't played Morrowind that much since then, but now I build OpenMW almost daily to play when I take a break.

Things I would like to see added to Morrowind:
More fluid blending of melee,ranged and magical combat acts.
Better enchanting options (Vanilla Morrowind has items with charges beyond Amalexia's soul, but no way for the player to create anything similar in-game)
Better spell-making, with lore-compatible magic system.
More interesting melee combat (more than three standard attacks? Active blocking.)
Make shoplifting/stealing harder by making NPCs guard their items better.
Make weapon speed dependent on player (skill/Strength/Speed)

If possible at all: Multiplayer, not as a serious game-mode that works well with difficulty and quests, but as an enjoyable wacky way to travel Morrowind with a few friends.
Zini

Re: Application: Hallfaer

Post by Zini »

Welcome!
raevol

Post by raevol »

Welcome welcome!
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Welcome to the forums Hallfaer!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ave tux and let the open source be with you!