Hello, I'm Tom - Bug Reporter

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
UnspecifiedTom

Hello, I'm Tom - Bug Reporter

Post by UnspecifiedTom »

Hi guys, figured I'd introduce myself. I'm Tom, and I love Morrowind. I've probably spent more time on this game than on the toilet. I've got a full-time job doing some IT stuff, but I'll play OpenMW as much as I can and report bugs wherever I find them. One of my duties at work is to debug an iphone app for my employer, as well as several websites, web apps, etc., so I've got some experience in that regard. Not to mention I pretty much learned debugging from Morrowind in the first place, as getting it playable has always been an endeavor.
I'm really happy with the work that you good people have done so far, and frankly kinda proud that this excellent old game is still in development. You're doing a great job, and I intend to help in whatever small way I can.
cc9cii

Re: Hello, I'm Tom - Bug Reporter

Post by cc9cii »

Welcome Tom and keep those bug reports coming 8-)
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Welcome,

I've seen you using 0.29 as a base for many of your bug reports. You should try to use the latest build, so you don't report things that has already been fixed.
If you're on windows, you can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808

Also keep an eye on what's new, here:
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/commits/master
so you can try to find issues with newly added features etc.
maqifrnswa

Post by maqifrnswa »

Awesome Tom! In case you're on debian or ubuntu, there is a nightly build PPA here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2042
UnspecifiedTom

Post by UnspecifiedTom »

Thanks guys, and Lazaroth, I'll be sure to use more recent builds from now on.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Hi, and thanks for all the great reports.

I've created a Bug reporting guidelines page. I think it's about finished, and could be linked on the issue tracker, but feel free to ask if there is something unclear about it.

Edit: oh, someone needs to fill in the config/saves locations on windows and mac.
UnspecifiedTom

Post by UnspecifiedTom »

Awesome! That bug reporting guide is very helpful, and it will significantly improve the quality of my bug reports. Thanks.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

I've probably spent more time on this game than on the toilet.
'In a sophsitocated leaning back professor puffing his pipe': But have you played it while on the toilet?