Looking to Help - Basic Development

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
peterj1994

Looking to Help - Basic Development

Post by peterj1994 »

Hello everyone, I'm a big Elder Scrolls fan, so when I learned about this I immediately wanted to help!

I know a little bit of C++, I don't know if it is going to be of much help but if there is any beginner level tasks needed I would be happy to work on those.

I also have a lot of experience in web development. I know HTML/CSS, javascript, PHP, and MySQL fairly well. I feel this is where I would be the most useful. If anything needs to be updated or maintained, or new features need to be added, I can definitely take care of that!

Other than that, I would be happy with anything in between. From writing to bug testing, I can help with any phase of the project!

If there is any task I'm qualified for let me know and I'll get started straight away!
Zini

Re: Looking to Help - Basic Development

Post by Zini »

We are out of beginners coding tasks. Completely. Sorry.

As for web development, I don't think there is much going on right now. But I am not active in this part of the project, so someone might come along and correct me there.

We can always use more bug testers.

And we currently have a manual for OpenCS in the making. You may be able to help there.

Also, you wrote that you are an Elder Scrolls fan. I assume that includes Morrowind. Playing only or modding too? We have some coding tasks, that while not exactly beginner friendly, are less advanced on the C++ side, but require good understanding of MW mechanics and data structures.
jvoisin

Re: Looking to Help - Basic Development

Post by jvoisin »

We have also a testsuite to create :)