Application - Marc Bouvier

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
CramitDeFrog

Application - Marc Bouvier

Post by CramitDeFrog »

Hello,

I am interested in contributing to OpenMW. I have played over a 100 hours of the game, but never really finished the main story line. I really don't think I ever started it. lol

I am working on my Master's degree in Computer Science and specializing in Intelligent Systems. I have not contributed to a project this size before. I am proficient in C++ and Python. Majority of my time is taken up by classes and work, but I am eager to help on this project.

My development environment is setup and I can run the game. I do get an out of order error if I'm trying to load Tribunal and Bloodmoon, but this looks like a feature #798.
Zini

Re: Application - Marc Bouvier

Post by Zini »

Welcome.

Once again we are completely out of beginner tasks (reminds me that I need to go around to collect all those task I gave to new people, that then never showed up again).

Anyway, if you would be willing to read up on Qt a bit and work on the editor for a while, I have a task for you. How about:

Editor: Allow only one instance of OpenCS

?
CramitDeFrog

Post by CramitDeFrog »

OK. I'll see what I can do. Is there a deadline, or is it ASAP?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Very low priority task. Just don't let it sit untouched for weeks.
CramitDeFrog

Post by CramitDeFrog »

Cool. This will give me time to play with Qt. lol
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Welcome Marc. Make sure to check out QtSingleApplication, which was available as a Solutions add-on, I don't know the current state of the code but it's available under the BSD license somewhere on gitorious.
CramitDeFrog

Post by CramitDeFrog »

Hello pvdk,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!!

I found a couple include path errors in OpenCS files that was causing some warnings. I tried to push a change to the Github repositiory but received a permissioned denied error. How would I go about getting the creditionals to push changes? I did not want to include these changes in the Feature #881 push because I would be touching too many files for that feature.
Zini

Post by Zini »

OpenCS currently compiles without warnings for me. If you get warnings, there is a good chance that is a problem on your side. But we can have a look at it. Having these fixes separated from feature #881 is a very good idea.

The procedure for github:

- You commit your changes locally.
- You push your commits to your repository on github.
- You send me a pull request towards master for the feature branch, that contains your commits.
Zini

Post by Zini »

btw. I don't see you on the bug tracker. Either you have registered under a name I can't find or you haven't registered at all.
CramitDeFrog

Post by CramitDeFrog »

Hello Zini,

Thanks for the Github procedure. I just registered on the bug tracker under my gamertag CramitDeFrog. I agree the issue is on my end.