Willing to Help

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Archonoffate

Willing to Help

Post by Archonoffate »

I discovered this project some time ago but I've been holding off on making a team join posting mainly because I wasn't sure if my help was needed. Though I have to say Morrowind remains a very great game to me and any project that tries to breath new life into it has my complete support... That being said...

I'm alright at coding, but I'm far from perfect and have mainly done c++ so that aside. I wouldn't mind either being a tester or a researcher... or a bit of both really, I'm willing to contribute whatever I can to this project. I have some experience modding if that means anything to this project but I understand the workings of the cs to a degree.

Level design remains my passion but in this I don't think that'll be needed as the landscape is already done :P Perhaps finding level issues as part of bug testing later on might be needed... I am also pretty computer literate which always helps. Toss a job my way and I'll always do my best in getting the job done and working.

Morrowind has many features to it and likely either of these roles will need people so I'm more than willing to get involved in this project as either a researcher or tester ^.^
wheybags

Re: Willing to Help

Post by wheybags »

Development is pretty damn casual, you don't really need to "join", just pick random stuff and do it :P
That said, there's a nice list of stuff needing doing here: https://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/roadmap
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Welcome Archonoffate!
Archonoffate wrote:Level design remains my passion but in this I don't think that'll be needed as the landscape is already done :P Perhaps finding level issues as part of bug testing later on might be needed...
This statement makes me wonder if you're completely aware of what OpenMW is exactly. The "landscape" is the same as in vanilla Morrowind because we don't make our own content, OpenMW is (merely) a replacement for the original Morrowind engine. Make sure to read the FAQ and/or check out our FAQ video on Youtube.

That being said, we do plan on making our own demonstration content, it is going to be called the "Example Suite." That will require some level design and landscaping, but as of now we're waiting for our own Construction Set replacement to be usable before we can start working on this side-project.
Archonoffate

Post by Archonoffate »

pvdk wrote:Welcome Archonoffate!

This statement makes me wonder if you're completely aware of what OpenMW is exactly. The "landscape" is the same as in vanilla Morrowind because we don't make our own content, OpenMW is (merely) a replacement for the original Morrowind engine. Make sure to read the FAQ and/or check out our FAQ video on Youtube.
That's why I said I didn't think you'd need level design because you were using vanillas game world already, you're replacing the engine with an open source one you're developing to make Morrowind more up to date. You still need the game in order to use this new engine.

Anyways thank you ^.^
Zini

Post by Zini »

There is always room for more testing. Particularly useful, if you can build OpenMW from source yourself. For example right now we need more testing here: http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1660

As for research, I believe most is done now, but we still have a few holes. I suggest you have a look at the wiki. For the near future we definitely need the exact rules for god mode. I think someone put together a few facts somewhere in the forum, but it was not complete and never made it into the wiki.
Archonoffate

Post by Archonoffate »

Ok, I'll see what I can do and get started. thank you.