no more lurking

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
cc9cii

no more lurking

Post by cc9cii »

I've been meaning to jump in to help in some way since last year, but never got around to do anything. Since then I saw release 21 & now 22 come out which are fantastic achievements! I'm hoping that by announcing here I'll be more motivated to contribute.

I'll have a look at the "Non-coding jobs" thread to see what needs to be done, hopefully there's something that I can do.

BTW I have had some C++ experience, but 10 years ago now. So I don't think I can help with any coding but maybe I can do some debugging rather than just reporting. I also have access to a Windows PC with a Visual Studio 2010 so perhaps that will come in handy (but I've only ever used a Sun compiler before - there may be some steep learning curve involved).

EDIT: v0.22 is quite good, I was able to explore around Balmora, Hlormaren, the bitter coast area. It is difficult to know what is a bug and what is a feature waiting to be implemented. I guess Hlaalu guards missing legs is a bug as is collision detection issue at the entrance of one of the Ancestral Tombs (had to approach from the side to activate the door). However it is unclear whether some doors not activating is a bug - should I be making a list of doors not working? I may have to bite the bullet and read through the open bugs.
sirherrbatka

Re: no more lurking

Post by sirherrbatka »

As a user with some programming backgroud you may do best as a bug tester.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

After almost a year of non-action, I finally got off my ar$e to (attempt to) build OpenMW. There's a weekend I won't get back. It seems not trivial to get Windows 64bit dependency libraries building. So far I got the following built, currently stuck at OpenAL (where do I get this?) and MyGUI (won't build with Ogre, but does build with DirectX11).

msvc-11.0
TortoiseHg (GUI)
TorgoiseGit (GUI)
CMake 2.8.12.2 (GUI)

boost_1_55_0.zip (1.55 branch from git won't build for me), only built date_time, thread and atomic & their deps
ogredeps (latest)
ogre1.9
bullet-2.82-r2704.zip
SDL2-2.0.1.zip
MyGUI_3.2.0.zip

I think I'll post my build notes in the support thread.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Thanks! (that was quick)