Helping

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
2p1p

Helping

Post by 2p1p »

Hello !

I'm a Computer Science student and fan boy of the Open source philosophy (thanks RMS).
Furthermore, I really like the TES series, played Oblivion and Skyrim several times, thus, I'm wiling to help the development of to OpenMW project. It will increase my knowledge in English and C++.
I'm not so skilled with C++ but got some experience with Php, Javascript and Python. I think it's something :~]
So, how do I start ?

Thanks
Zedd

Re: Helping

Post by Zedd »

Hey there,
Zini will soon find a beginners task for you. In the meantime, i suggest setting up your environment if you haven't done it already. Working on OpenMW is for most new developers a steep slope, but I hope you'll manage.
Any idea about how much time a week you'll have free for OpenMW?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

hi,

What do you want to do?
Zini

Post by Zini »

You posted in the non-coder board. Was that an accident? I am not entirely clear on if you want help with the coding or the non-coding side of things. For the non-coding side there is still a lot of research to be done (figuring out the formulae for MW game mechanics). Please let us know if you want to go for coding instead. In this case a mod will move your post to the correct forum and we can continue from there.