Hey there!

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Ryz

Hey there!

Post by Ryz »

Hello to all you men, mer and beastfolk!

I have been following the development of OpenMW for a while now, being a massive fan of Morrowind, And I am very impressed with what you have all managed to do. The fact that - in my opinion - one of the greatest role-playing games ever made is going to be made free for anyone to edit or modify on an entirely open-source platform is an amazing feat, and I can't wait to see how the project progresses.

Whilst I am not an avid coder, I enjoy being part of online communities and gaming groups. I have held most positions in the online forum and game server world, from a moderator, and admin and - on multiple occasions - a community manager. I have also been a co-founder and owner of a popular gaming community that hosted multiple servers. Because of this, I know how important it is for a community's members to feel engaged and informed.

My belief in community management is that 'everybody is equal', no matter how much of a veteran or how new they are. When arguments to arise, I always take into account both sides of an argument, and will always try and solve it in the best way possible, something that is essential when keeping up a community's positive image. I always aim to be transparent - when appropriate - and have always allowed community members to contact me via my personal Twitter or Steam profile if they need assistance.

In any case, I will be glad to help with community management and other tasks such as answering questions and responding to people, and I hope to get to know you all soon.

- Ryz ;)
Zedd

Re: Hey there!

Post by Zedd »

Hey there, welcome!

So, you wanna be part of the PR-team, that's great. I don't really think we need extra help on the maintenance we have to do so far, but as a new member, and so to see with experience, I'm sure you can help us increase our fame over the internet, or should I say reputation ;) ?
Ryz

Post by Ryz »

Hi Zedd,

I'll start to get the project more exposure on the internet and on numerous gaming sites and forums. I'll be sure to tell people I know about it too.
Last edited by Ryz on 23 Jan 2013, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

That's great, be sure to add any new sites you would like to provide with version updates on the outreach page on our wiki. Also, send a request to join the Dark penguins of chaos squad and wiki in the usergroups. If you have any questions, just send me a PM.