Hello Everyone

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Pithorn

Hello Everyone

Post by Pithorn »

Hello,
I'm a Chinese TES fan & a CS college student.
//如果还有中国人就打个招呼吧!
Now I'm reading the src codes & I found i'm totally a green hand.......
Need I to learn more about Qt or C++?
ElderTroll

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by ElderTroll »

Welcome! Yes, keep learning c++ and qt, so you can help out with development. Was a Chinese version of Morrowind released?

One way you can help our project now is by letting other Chinese speakers know about OpenMW. This can be done in the following ways.
* You could do a Mandarin (or other chinese language or dialect) version of our blog.
* Post on Chinese gaming and programming websites about OpenMW and its progress.
* You could translate one of weirdsexy's videos into chinese http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOpenMW and post it on whatever video sharing site is popular in China. Is youtube popular in china?
Pithorn

Post by Pithorn »

ElderTroll wrote:Welcome! Yes, keep learning c++ and qt, so you can help out with development. Was a Chinese version of Morrowind released?

One way you can help our project now is by letting other Chinese speakers know about OpenMW. This can be done in the following ways.
* You could do a Mandarin (or other chinese language or dialect) version of our blog.
* Post on Chinese gaming and programming websites about OpenMW and its progress.
* You could translate one of weirdsexy's videos into chinese http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOpenMW and post it on whatever video sharing site is popular in China. Is youtube popular in china?
Only a beta Chinese plugin released by some fans.
And only implement Morrowind.

China had removed all the host about facebook youtube and twitter from DNS
But I can visited them by added them to the local host.

So I 'll make a page on http://www.renren.com (a Chinese clone version of Facebook) and post the news.

//EDITED by lgro: Corrected link to renren.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

This is an interesting discussion. Welcome to our forums Pithorn!
raevol

Post by raevol »

Welcome Pithorn!
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

That's great pithorn, thank you. I watched an animation about a kungfu rabbit on a Chinese site that's similar to youtube. It was well made.
Pithorn

Post by Pithorn »

Yeah, now I've upload all the video on youtube to youku.com(easy to see what it is,,,,)
and made a page on renren.com .
I also made a link for it on 3DM forum(all the Chinese translation for Skyrim are made by 3DM team).
My roommates will help me to translate the news and the videos.

By the way,
Now TES had suddenly became the most popular offline PC game since Skyrim.
Maybe all the collage students know that famous "an arrow on my knee"...
But Morrowind&Oblivion are known by a little.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

Pithorn wrote:Yeah, now I've upload all the video on youtube to youku.com(easy to see what it is,,,,)
and made a page on renren.com .
I also made a link for it on 3DM forum(all the Chinese translation for Skyrim are made by 3DM team).
My roommates will help me to translate the news and the videos.

By the way,
Now TES had suddenly became the most popular offline PC game since Skyrim.
Maybe all the collage students know that famous "an arrow on my knee"...
But Morrowind&Oblivion are known by a little.
Great, because we don't speak chinese ourselves you'll kind of have to maintain those video's yourself. please do not hesitate to share the faq with us and we'll be more then happy to help. It's great to hear OpenMW goes east :)!

EDIT: forgot to say welcome; Welcome!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Welcome.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Pithorn, could you provide us with some links? If you're ever away for too long, we might need to figure out how to maintain the pages. Also I'd like to see them :D