Application

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
MBCommander

Application

Post by MBCommander »

Hi

I'm just going to post here in case there is any need of developers. I have little-to-no experience with modding TES games but playing them, but I have experience with C/C++ and I am currently working on (in C) a graph calculator for displaying curve equations and using calculus to work out gradients and areas under graphs. I am also working on a simple 3D modeler program using DirectX 10 which will allow the creation of geometry, texturing and transforming geometry. I also have experience working with Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy code for a project called The Open Jedi Project

Code can be supplied for the modeler and graph calculator if wanted

So if there are any positions I might be good for, then that will be great, if not no worries.

Dominic
Zini

Re: Application

Post by Zini »

So many new developers in such a short period of time. There must be a nest somewhere.

Kidding aside, please go through the new developer checklist. Once you are done with that, we can find a task for you. We are somewhat short on them right now, but from the previous wave of new developers some haven't reported back for quite a while, which means their claimed but untouched tasks will be released back into the pool soon.
ElderTroll

Re: Application

Post by ElderTroll »

Great to have you. We all really want OpenMW to reach a playable state, so the more eyes and hands the better. A good (and possibly easy) place to start is by familiarizing yourself with the code base, bug hunting, and bug patching. But of course, zini's words are more important than mine.