Application to OpenMW

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
gus

Re: Application to OpenMW

Post by gus »

My guess: you did not copy/past the resource folder in your release folder.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

What does the exception message say? Have you tried running the openmw executable instead of the launcher?
mikazo

Post by mikazo »

I hadn't tried running openmw.exe directly. The exception was something to do with the Ogre configuration file. I deleted everything the other day and started over, and hope to work on getting everything running this weekend. I've been getting help from this thread: http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=780
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

gus wrote:My guess: you did not copy/past the resource folder in your release folder.
That sounds like it could be it. Mikazo, make a "resources" folder in the directory where you built ogre. Copy the contents of your "openmw/files" folder into the resources folder. Make sure you have all the proper libraries and openmw in your ogre build folder.
mikazo

Post by mikazo »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested and committed to completing my task. I've honestly had the worst time trying to get all the different openmw dependencies compiled and linked properly. I'm nearly there again, it just took a while because I can't work on the project every day. I don't want to sound like I keep making promises, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested and still working on it.

-mikazo
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Were you able to get things up and running?
mikazo

Post by mikazo »

I was at the point where everything compiled, but was seeing errors about heap corruption during loading of Morrowind.esm. I asked around on IRC, but no one had really seen that issue before. I tried to reproduce it with the latest code from git, but that ended up breaking my build and I was back to trying to get things to build properly.

Unfortunately, it's looking like I won't be able to commit enough time to be productive toward the project. I tried for three weeks and was hoping to be able to help out because it's a really cool project, but I think I'm going to have to resign. I regret that it didn't work out as well as I had hoped, but I still plan to follow the project and see how it progresses!

I hope that I haven't set anything back in your timeline. Thank you for the opportunity and for your patience!
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

No problem, you can always try to build the project again in a few more releases. Good luck finding a project.
mikazo

Post by mikazo »

That's true, I never thought of that. Maybe once the code is a little more stable, I might be able to help out with maintenance, etc.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Absolutely. This is a long term project :) and it's going to become more stable and mature with time. Keep checking in for updates.