I want to join

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Zini

Re: I want to join

Post by Zini »

No. That is an entirely different issue.
Chris

Post by Chris »

ezzetabi wrote:
mark76 wrote:1) Is there some way to hack a starting position in the outside world, so I don't have to move all way to Solstheim from the starter cave each time I want to test landscape merging?
coc "Thirsk" in the console might help?
If you can add command line arguments, --start="Thirsk" will also do.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

I suggest taking a look at the newly expanded testing page on the wiki, for a rundown of the available controls, and other capabilities and tweaks of the game engine.
mark76

Post by mark76 »

Ah, good, thanks for the additional links. I have made some nice progress in the last few weeks, and multiple esm/esp file support is almost there. Just some final debugging (i.e. trying to do some unusual stuff with esp files), and fighting with github.

I am sure that some of the thousands of plugins out there do something that will crash my current code, but I am reasonably sure that at least Tribunal/Bloodmoon should work. Deleting entries in a plugin file works and does not crash the engine. Pretty much everything that needs special treatment (e.g. references, dialogue) should work *somehow*, but usually not as expected. And there are new issues with BM-specific script commands and some meshes which do not render correctly (mostly BM trees, they use a different blending mode than MW trees). Plus, I had to hack in preliminary support for per-plugin terrain palettes; it's not 100% clean, but it mostly works (and, more importantly, it does not crash at plugin borders).

@Zini: You mention cell-border crossing as an issue, and I wholeheartedly agree with that. Properly treating references is one thing I have not looked into yet, but Morrowind handles moving references to different cells very stupidly imho. I have put some thought into this, though, so if you want to hear my ideas, feel free to ask.
Zini

Post by Zini »

About the cell border crossing: There aren't many options. Copy and delete and that's it. The only somewhat tricky part is to not do same with physics and rendering.

About ESX loading: So you worked on it in private? At least I don't see any code from you on github. That is at least sub optimal, because you will now dump a whole load of code on me that I have to review and that I had no chance to provide any input for or detect any possible problems early on.
For future tasks, please don't do that again, because it makes everyone's life (and that includes you) unnecessarily hard.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

It isn't a dig against you mark76, just the mantra: Commit Early, Commit Often. Having eyes on the code helps with feedback and peer/code review.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

http://windows.github.com/

It seems that this can help you a little.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Just as an aside to this, he has been used to working on his own, so you cant blame him for still doing so.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Could you provide some updates on your progress as you go along regarding the multiple ESM/ESP loading feature in its development thread?
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Any news?