I want to join

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
sirherrbatka

Re: I want to join

Post by sirherrbatka »

Hurray!
corristo

Post by corristo »

BTW, VS 2012 Express Edition for Windows development was announced under community pressure :)

and while in Linux, try clang instead of gcc as compiler.

Nice to see such progress here!
garvek

Post by garvek »

- Somewhere in a piece of code that was recently added, there was a line similar to "static const float sOmething = 30;" in a class body. VC++ didn't like this, as it is against the standard. From what my Google-Fu found out, "static const int" is allowed, and the same thing for float is about to be added in C++0x (again)
- Somewhere deep in the Windows SDK headers, something seems to define the macro "_DEBUG", as undefining it in the call to the compiler does not help. This enables a small block of debug code in "pmove.cpp", which refers a field in the parent class that is commented out in the header. Bam, instant "undefined symbol" error.
- Some warnings related to a "non-virtual destructor", and that this might result in memory coccuption.
These 3 have been fixed in my branch ( https://github.com/garvek/openmw ), I went through the same issues
- 0c7476b88c
- fc3a3fc173

The _DEBUG define is generated by the IDE itself, but you can remove it in the occurence of project properties, or build in release with debug info (equivalent of debug mode for linux).