Application: SaintMercury

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
SaintMercury

Application: SaintMercury

Post by SaintMercury »

Hello OpenMW Team!

I am a Computer Science student in my final year, where I've learned some of the basics of C++ and some Java.
I've worked in the web industry a bit, so I've learned source control, Javascript (specifically used Typescript),
and a small amount of HTML and CSS.

I have a fair amount of free time each week (probably around 10 hours) and could help when I can.

I read that you guys want documentation to be expanded and some CS tutorials; is there anywhere I can start
on either of those, or if there are other tasks that need work on?

What's the best place to start?
DestinedToDie

Re: Application: SaintMercury

Post by DestinedToDie »

Hello and welcome.

Please go through the developer's checklist.

If you're interested in documentation, it might be worth reading a few threads here, particularly the one by DavidD. The OpenMW-CS is not feature-complete, which means tutorials today will gloss over missing features that are added tomorrow. Some progress in that area would be great though, as OpenMW-CS has been lagging behind the rest of the engine due to a low amount of developers.
SaintMercury

Re: Application: SaintMercury

Post by SaintMercury »

I've gone through the checklist already, but I imagine I'll have to constantly reference the code policies and what not.

Since the CS is behind, I'll see if I can help there.

Also, thanks for the welcome!