Application: Thunderforge

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Thunderforge

Application: Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Hi everyone! I guess I'm doing things out of order since I've already contributed a bit, but I figured I'd properly introduce myself.

I'm a programmer who has worked most with Java and Python, and has a strong interest in user interface design. I have no experience with C++ or Qt, but I'm willing to try to figure it out.

My biggest interest is on improving the launcher and installation wizard (you may have seen my alternative UI mockups). I think that one of the barriers of getting people to try OpenMW right now is the setup process, especially with getting Morrowind on a Mac or Linux machine, and having it be as simple as possible would be a major benefit. I've also been interested in making improvements to the wiki, especially organizing the gargantuan list of mods.

Hope to continue working with the project and helping to user in a revival of one of the greatest games of all time!
DestinedToDie

Re: Application: Thunderforge

Post by DestinedToDie »

A very late welcome to you. :)
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Officially welcome aboard, Thunderforge! :)

I quite like your UI concepts for the wizard and the launcher. Just for the record: A consistent UI design should also include the OpenMW-CS intro screen -- but we can discuss that later.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Atahualpa wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 09:54 I quite like your UI concepts for the wizard and the launcher.
Add me to the "people liking the UI concept"-list too.