Application: Godless

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Godless

Application: Godless

Post by Godless »

Hello, Everyone I am Godless a bland old guy you look at then proceed not to think about. I am still in school for a CS Degree, so i have no real professional experience yet. I have been a fan of TES Series since Daggerfall and have modded it from Daggerfall, up until Skyrim.

I can program decently in JavaScript, Python, Java, Lua, and a few other languages less fluently. I could also work in C++ just fine. Despite this i can pick up any High Level Language, within roughly a weeks time so what language i need to work in isn't an issue.
DestinedToDie

Re: Application: Godless

Post by DestinedToDie »

Hey and welcome.

As usual, first step would be to build the OpenMW engine. Here's a developer checklist for any necessary steps to get started.

If I may point you to what needs work right now, it would be the OpenMW-CS. We have a lot of things working, but landscaping/doors/templefort-markers are missing. It's also okay to start with squashing a small bug or two and work on the engine. A big feature we're missing is shadows, but this is quite an undertaking.