Application: BrandonDFA

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
brandondfa

Application: BrandonDFA

Post by brandondfa »

Hello, I was wondering if there was any way I could contribute to this, I just did the new developer checklist so I have it setup on my Linux distro. I'm studying CS in Uni right now, so I am not that experienced but was wondering if there was anything you could point me to, thank you.
DestinedToDie

Re: Application: BrandonDFA

Post by DestinedToDie »

Hi and welcome!

If you're looking for what to do, you can always have a look at the roadmap and see if there might be anything you'd like to work on.

What would make me excited is if someone worked on OpenMW-CS because we have a lack of progress in that area at the moment. There are many beginner level tasks available there too.

My most anticipated feature right now is doormarkers. In Morrowind CS you can make a door point to a doormarker. Ingame when activating a door the player is transported to where the doormarker is. In OpenMW-CS we have doors, but no markers yet. This might not be a beginner task tho.
brandondfa

Re: Application: BrandonDFA

Post by brandondfa »

Sounds good, I'll take a look at the OpenMW-CS stuff and see if there's anything I can do.