Application: TWD Terminator

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
TwdTerminator

Application: TWD Terminator

Post by TwdTerminator »

Hello everyone, I'm TWD Terminator, or Tyler. I'm currently a 3rd year software engineering major, and in a CSII course. A link to my github:here. I would consider myself still very new to the development process as a whole, and I will admit I feel a little overwhelmed at the process, but I feel that this would be a nice step in furthering the skills I've already learned. I have currently, gone through and made the fork and downloaded it to my local repository, it's on my github desktop.

I'm using this instruction manual, https://gist.github.com/ace13/de7f30454e99b3952405, and currently have gotten to the part labeled:
Open a Git Bash shell in the repo.
Run the following command: CI/before_script.msvc.sh -k -p Win64 -v 2015. (Substitute Win64 with Win32 if doing a 32-bit build, 2015 can also be substituted with 2013 for VS2013)
Wait for the build environment to be set up.

I ran this in my Git Shell posh from github desktop and ran the prompted command line, but no indication that anything is being built has been shown. So I'm not quite sure, what I'm doing wrong. I'm looking forward to jumping in and learning from everyone!
AnyOldName3

Re: Application: TWD Terminator

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It doesn't actually build OpenMW when you do that, but it does set up all of its dependencies. It should print a bunch of stuff as it runs, and then you should end up with a folder with a Visual Studio solution in, which you can then use to edit and build OpenMW. Is your issue that you were expecting it to spit out a compiled build, or that it doesn't seem to be doing anything at all?
TwdTerminator

Re: Application: TWD Terminator

Post by TwdTerminator »

AnyOldName3 wrote:It doesn't actually build OpenMW when you do that, but it does set up all of its dependencies. It should print a bunch of stuff as it runs, and then you should end up with a folder with a Visual Studio solution in, which you can then use to edit and build OpenMW. Is your issue that you were expecting it to spit out a compiled build, or that it doesn't seem to be doing anything at all?
It doesn't print or tell me that anything is being compiled or built, thus no visual studio solution. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.