Application: FedeWar

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
FedeWar

Application: FedeWar

Post by FedeWar »

Hello, I'm Federico from Italy.
I am interested in joining the open source world, it's 6 years I code (self-taught :oops: ) in C++ but I've never worked on a big project. I'm very busy with the university but I'll find some time to dedicate to the project, also if you need a translator to Italian let me know.

Just a little concern: do I have to own Morrowind to test the build? Because I'm planning to buy it during the next Steam sales.
DestinedToDie

Re: Application: FedeWar

Post by DestinedToDie »

Hi. It's pretty useful to own Morrowind, because that's what the OpenMW project mostly uses as a reference as to how things should work. Our developers would be working blind without it.
FedeWar

Post by FedeWar »

In this case I have to wait before joining the project, I'll help with something not related to the code.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

As for getting hold of a copy of Morrowind, Steam isn't the only legitimate site to buy it from, and many of the smaller ones have more frequent or better sales. isthereanydeal.com attempts to track sales on a bunch of sites (all authorised), but GamesPlanet is usually a good place to look for Bethesda games.
FedeWar

Post by FedeWar »

Thank you, I'll try. When everything will be ready I'll join the development.