Application: Vrav

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Vrav

Application: Vrav

Post by Vrav »

Heya. I'm an artist turned graphics programmer with a couple years of experience so far. I've been dabbling in creating OpenGL apps using C, C++, and Rust. I'm deeply in love with subtle aspects of design, like art direction and UX.

I like to make things pretty, performant, and consistent. My first PR might be a single line that adds fog->setUseRadialFog(true) below line 67 in renderingmanager.cpp, to improve distance fog when turning the camera, no longer revealing terrain depending on FoV. This OSG option falls back to linear if the driver doesn't support it. (https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/N ... stance.txt) At least, I tested it it locally and the non-optional change works.

So, I like making small changes, and fixing small bugs. I'd be interested in contributing on the tracker, or tackling things that appeal to me. Generally graphical, such as performant animated grass/foliage mod support, or nicer support for ambient effects and critters. (The old Where Are All The Birds Going mod is charming, but pretty weird!)

In my free time I like to draw, eat, code graphics stuff, visit nature, and study the tao te ching. I'm broke as hell but have time to contribute to an engine that revives and revitalizes one of my favorite games.

https://github.com/vrav
raevol

Re: Application: Vrav

Post by raevol »

Welcome! One of the devs can get you situated, but just wanted to express my excitement at having a graphics programmer on board!
lysol

Post by lysol »

raevol wrote:Welcome! One of the devs can get you situated, but just wanted to express my excitement at having a graphics programmer on board!
Me too! :)
Vrav

Post by Vrav »

Awesome to hear! And well, I say that, but there's a lot I haven't done. I'm still clumsy at much of the math involved. Hopefully I can help somehow and continue to learn in the process. :)
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I just want to join in on expressing excitement over a potential new dev. Looking forward to seeing your contributions.

Btw if you're looking for a head start, you can start going through the checklist here.