Application: SpellSword14

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
aesylwinn

Re: Application: SpellSword14

Post by aesylwinn »

The code isn't well documented, so you may have to explore a bit to get an understanding of how things work. I use grep quite a bit, you may want to use an equivalent tool.
User settings code can be found in: apps/opencs/model/prefs/
The record filter can be found in: apps/opencs/view/filter/
I would take a good look at the record filter. I haven't looked at the code for that myself, but I expect it would share some characteristics with the column filter.

Edit: If the way something is implemented seems confusing, feel free to ask about it. It can be a lot to take in. Good luck!
Zini

Post by Zini »

The issue description is still current and it also provides a good roadmap for the feature:

- Add the settings page with the required features at the place that aesylwinn mentioned.
- Add the combo box for filter selection, probably somewhere around CVSFilter::FilterBox. But that needs further investigation.
- Implement column filtering in the proxy model (probably in IdTableProxyModel). Make sure tables react to changes in the filter settings.
- Add any other fancy features in CSMWorld::Table
SpellSword14

Post by SpellSword14 »

Thanks both of you ! I will let one of you know if I have any other questions. Actually. I have been having trouble registering for the bug page. For some reason I haven't got an email verification.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am not aware of any current problems with the bug tracker. I guess you went through the obvious steps (check that the mail wasn't sorted out by anti-spam measures)? If you can't get the registration to work, write a PM to lgromanowski here on the forum and ask for assistance.
SpellSword14

Post by SpellSword14 »

Okay so the verification email was somewhere in my spam folder. I have been looking over the code and I do have a question. Where should I post questions about code?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Make a new thread in the Development / Editor Development forum.